Help please! identification and price advice

Hello Gents!

I can buy these two with quite reasonable price but let's be honest - I'm no busse expert, and these looks like quite old models.. (I've said I'm no expert).
One is Steel heart with this quite old type of handle (please excuse being lame..)
and second is custom shop Active duty (not leaner meaner street as owner is thinking) I've never saw this custom shop marking..
and..
I don't want to overpay.. And I don't want to loose opportunity as well..
What year it can be? what would be decent price on these?
Please, please help..

View media item 8385View media item 8386View media item 8387

Last edited:
Knowing the blade thickness of each knife would help for sure, but the larger knife looks like an ASH1 with standard black micarta grips, may be 2007-8 era. 450 to 550 price in the current market? The smaller one is a custom shop Active Duty with what looks like green or black linen micarta, but maybe its canvas. Not sure of the year, maybe worth 300 to 400?

Last edited:
800 to 900 dollars wild guess lol that would b cheaper older stuff fetches good prices even users and the custom shop if its infi would be sought after just from observations with the last 2 yrs

I
so getting these two below 600 US would be literally a steal?
Would imagine so there are similar blades going for 230 or so but they aren't CS gear .
And the steel heart is a piece of busse history less than 600 is a good deal I'd say .
Unless one of the more experienced hogs wanna chime in I'd gladly pay 600 for both
Just a piglets opinion here

Knowing the blade thickness of each knife would help for sure, but the larger knife looks like an ASH1 with standard black micarta grips, may be 2007-8 era. 450 to 550 price in the current market? The smaller one is a custom shop Active Duty with what looks like green or black linen micarta, but maybe its canvas. Not sure of the year, maybe worth 300 to 400?
Thanks a lot!
Regarding thickness - it's 8 mm for SH and 4 mm for AD.
ASH1 was with flat handles?
and here is closeup of handles of smaller oneView media item 8388

Last edited:
I think 600 is a great price for the pair, as I’d expect them to sell around 425-450 for the ASH1 and around 300-350 for the AD depending on the day and how the wind is blowing. At least that’s my current take on the market as an observer ;)

Ok so I think that settles it.

8 mm = .315", making that a FAT ASH with Standard grips. Think Id look for around 450 in new condition right now, maybe a little more?

4 mm = around .150", making it a Custom Shop Active Duty with linen grips, per the Busse Collector catalogue. Not sure on price, I'd look to others there.

Seems like 650 for the pair.

Last edited:
Uh. Yeah. If you get those for $600 ish. You’ve done GREAT. As far as price....as long as you’re happy and the seller happy, even if it was $200 or $2000. You both did great.

Nuter, congrats on your find.

You did make a newbie piglet mistake, however. By posting these pics you may have alerted the big rooting Hogs to charge in and gobble up the pickings.

Hope you like leftovers.

$600 is a steal of a deal. Worth $900 IMO. Beautiful blades from around 2007.

Dang! That might be my favorite Active Duty ever! I wouldn’t mind owning that one. ;)

IMO somewhere between $750-$900 combined resale value.
Those are both nice knives! :cool: I would guess $750-$850, maybe $900 for the pair, so $600 is a GREAT deal! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The .32" thick ASH1 came with either "standard" (flat) or "magnum" (larger, curved) grips. That AD definitely has linen micarta grips, and they appear to be what was called "green linen".

Many thanks to all of you for advises!

Believe me or not, but I took it, and managed to squeeze it under 550 US with shipping :p
I'll post happy pics when it arrive (some my ask "if it arrive") :D
Since it's colleague from small custom knives forum, he was so nice (not only for a price), but I can eventual return it if it's to thick to my taste or whatever..
I just spent same money for NFNO! :rolleyes: (and I do not feel like I overpaid)

Nuter Nuter , Wow, congratulations on a really good deal! :eek::cool:
If you don't like one or both of them, you will not have any trouble selling them for more than you paid.

Back