Off Topic Help please

elof_alv

Gold Member
I thought I’d try it here first.
Going to Hawaii for the Xmas & NY holiday, can anyone here tell me if there’s a good camping/outdoorsy shop on Big Island and in Honolulu?
And maybe something a bit more tactical, need a few new shirts.
Thanks for your help

Elof - take plenty of pics for us. Make sure you get one of your Ratweiler cutting up a coconut or a pineapple. . :)

Elof - take plenty of pics for us. Make sure you get one of your Ratweiler cutting up a coconut or a pineapple. . :)

And be careful on those you-pick-it-yourself farms if they make you climb up to get your own pineapple. More tourists to Hawaii are hurt by falling from pineapple trees every year than almost anything else. It's second only to getting tazed if you're mistaken for a tactical pimp ;)

And be careful on those you-pick-it-yourself farms if they make you climb up to get your own pineapple. More tourists to Hawaii are hurt by falling from pineapple trees every year than almost anything else. It's second only to getting tazed if you're mistaken for a tactical pimp ;)
Tactical pimp! :) Not 100% sure if I've ever seen one. Do they come out after dark thirty?

Elof - I checked it out for you brother..there's a ton of them. Along with this one, there's even an REI on both islands which is great for camping/hiking/general outdoor gear.
http://www.hawaiitactical.com
But I don't think I'd go after dark thirty! :eek:

Nice find Tim. REI generally carries good equipment. I think someone in the outdoors forums mentioned they even carry the Silky brand saws.

Nice find Tim. REI generally carries good equipment. I think someone in the outdoors forums mentioned they even carry the Silky brand saws.
Yea, Elof can cut the coconut tree down. Might take him til dark thirty though.....then the you-know-what's will be out and about. :eek:

Elof, do you do any fishing? We caught a striped marlin off of Maui. And a few small tuna and mahi mahi. It was fun although our captain could have been better. Don't know if that's in your line of interest though.

HK, will be more of the land based activities on this trip.
You know, after all I'm living less than 10 miles from the ocean...

HK, will be more of the land based activities on this trip.
You know, after all I'm living less than 10 miles from the ocean...

Gotcha. The Pacific is about a 10 or 11-hour drive at the nearest spot for us. And it's a bit chillier than the seas around Hawaii.

Back