help selecting anodizer needed

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and I wish all the very best in the New Year!

I read the earlier thread on anodizer problem by Will52100 and got some good info. My question is more on the equipment. I have seen the site on anodizer built by Warner as well as the one by Mr. Titanium (mrtitanium.com) . I also found a commercial model the SMT Micro Anodizer from Reactive Metals ( www.reactivemetals.com). The SMT(surface mount technology) is only$209 and offers 0-120 vdc at 1 amp output. It has mounted volt & amp meters, 10 turn down control. It appears to me that the commercial model does not cost anymore than the build it yourself and has better components and safer.

What do you all think? Should I build my own or save the time and purchase?

Thanks for your help

Randy

I built my own and it works great. I have an isolation transformer, variac, diodes, fuses, and a couple big resisters that I don't even need. They normally limit the current. I use a voltmeter as the output meter. I use a stainless cup and an alligater clip for the anode.

Great find Chris. That looks like it should work well. I don't know my amperage, but I assume that the power supply there would be about he same. The only difference might be the time it takes to anodize something, which isn't a big deal at all. It has a nicely regulated DC output and safety features.

Back