Help. Trying to watch YouTube videos on my iPhone and they keep freezing up!

jeepin

Gold Member
I don't know what's going on, but lately when I have been watching YouTube videos On my Iphone they freeze up.
Sometimes it works for a couple minutes and freezes up, sometimes it's only about 30 seconds.:(

Anyone know why it's doing this?, or know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Do you have the latest firmware on the phone? If so, then check your network settings. Are you using the 3G or are you on a wireless network somewhere? Sounds kind of like the bottlenecking I have on my Blackberry when I watch videos. I pretty much gave up on that, instead I use my ASUS netbook.

It worked perfectly up until about a month and a half ago.
Im not sure what firmware it is.
I took it to someone and had them jailbreak and unlock it.

Im using it on wifi at my house.

First thing I would try to do is figure out whether its the phone or the network thats causing the problem.

If you pause the video and give it a while to download / buffer the data does it then play smoothly? if so its probably not downloading the video fast enough to play smoothly.

I'm not sure how I phones work but a regular phone that connects to the internet has a cache just like a computer,on a computer,if you don't clear it occasionally it will do that.I know I've had problems on a phone that was connected to the internet that the cache had to be cleared before,check your manual and see if it says anything about it.

First thing I would try to do is figure out whether its the phone or the network thats causing the problem.

If you pause the video and give it a while to download / buffer the data does it then play smoothly? if so its probably not downloading the video fast enough to play smoothly.

I tried pausing it and waiting but it doesn't help.
It will play for a couple seconds again and then stop.

I figured it out.
I had to clean the cache, and then rebooted it.
Works perfect now.

Back