Help with difference on schrade 1250t

I just got this schrade old timer 1250t.When looking at others this one looks different.Not good on the technical terms of knives so bear with me.Most or all 1250t I see have the fingernail notch midway on the blade or so.This one is marked 1250t but the notch is at the tip of the blade.Any ideas why or was it an error?
does this id the age?
thanks
PICT0835.jpg

PICT0836.jpg

PICT0837.jpg

Some of the nicks were placed higher on the blade (likely older). The one I have sits square above the halfway point. Looks to me like the blade isn't at full length. At some point in it's life, it may have been reprofiled. The tip of the blade should reach to the end of the liner. That dude has seen some work in it's lifetime.

yes it has.And thanks for the info.My guess would be a stamping error or a blade that was just stamped for this knife from excess or first run
What do you think?

Take a look at this knife in the link. It is a 25OT. A two blader, but the same clip blade as yours. See how the nick is higher up towards the tip?

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/newOT/pages/25OT.htm

I think the blade on yours was maybe broke off, and someone reshaped it so it was still useful. It is common to see this on a folding hunter knife that might be 25 to 30 years old. That is one explanation.

yes it looks in exactly the same place.Maybe they just sharpened this one allot.But yes it does appear the very tip has been snapped off.
was the 250 out before the 1250t? maybe they used a 250 blade?
thanks

I think you got it.Too bad they don't serial them or something
Because I know that they were out before 1981 how far were they out anyway?
I know you can sate certain knives by the number of or position of the rivets or pins.Does this hold true in these?
thanks

Last edited:
Back