1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Help with knife

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by slikrickabn, Jan 10, 2017.

1. slikrickabn

slikrickabn

Aug 7, 2004
    I recently shipped a CRKT knife back to the factory, and the Postal Service lost it. I need recommendations on a SOG folder in the $50 range, the amount I had the other knife insured for. I don't have any SOG folders, just fixed blades, so this will be my first. All help appreciated...

slik

2. seabzarelly

seabzarelly

Sep 4, 2016
    Not going to get a good one for 50 bucks. If your heart is set on sog... look for an old one in good nik... sog tomcat is my recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk

3. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Yeah, I'd look for anything used from Seiki, but for 50, you might be hunting for a while. Its always possible that you will find a user somewhere that just needs some TLC, but I wouldn't be holding my breath. At that price point, I think its better to set the funds aside, dig some more change out of the back of the couch, and accept the hole in the collection. Tough luck on the other knife though, that sucks.

4. AF1928

AF1928 Banned BANNED

Dec 13, 2016
    +1....certainly anything from Seki will be preferable.......