Help with model identification

This is a picture of two knives my dad picked up awhile back. He gave me one and kept the other for himself. The one open I know is a Phaeton, I still have the box and all for it. He kept the other and carried it for awhile. Then at some point the blade wouldn't extend anymore. You can slide the button all the way to open under spring pressure, but it never releases. He ended up giving it to me and said to send it to benchmade to get it repaired and I could have it. Trying to identify the model so I can fill out their warranty form. Any insight into what model it is?

I haven't seen it open in a long time, but I'm pretty sure I remember it having a spear point blade. I do remember they were different models when he got them. (He's a leatherworker, and likes trading for items instead of payment from time to time, so these knives were payment on some custom leatherwork)

I uploaded the photos to Imgur.

I just shined a light into it and it's not a spear point blade, appears like it might be the same blade as the other knife. Might just be the black version of the phaeton. Did they have any other knives that shared the same handle profile?

Last edited:
Back