Help with ordering options, small swedge/damascus

I have a few knifes on order, I prefer the look of the Classic blade but it is not avaliable on the Wood inlays.

Question- What would the blade look like with the small swedge?

Doe's any one have a picture of one they can post next to a blade with out the swedge?

Question- Should I get them with a damascus blade, if so-what type of damascus? Are the damascus "True damascus steel" or an over lay that will wear off in use?

Question- Can any one post a picture of a polished blade next to a standard blade?

Thanks for your input. Chuck

Chuck,

I think you'll find that CRK is now making the Classic with wood inserts.

Check out the last page of the "Special Edition 2000 wood inlay" thread in this forum.

I had swedges put on my Millennium Zulu Trio and like them very much. Sorry I don't have a pic.

Frank

I spoke with Bridget on Friday, NO Classic Woodies:(
No Classic decorated in the near future:(

Good news though..There are still some 2003 Woodies avaliable:D

Guess we'll have to wait until S.H.O.T. Show to find out what new.

The Damascus is REAL Damascus, made by Devin Thomas. I swapped the Spiral Damascus blade out from my small wood and put the BG-42 blade in (just for a change!) you notice the whirles of different steel right in the knife blade. I did notice however than the area where the washers go is polished. Will the blade change to this colour/finish in the end? Rather than the light/dark finish? What happens if it gets scratched? Does that show badly? Have a good one and thanks.

Oh, BTW the Damascus steel is made from 15N20 the sweed version of L6 tool steel with nickle and 1084 high carbon.

Great stuff! Also called Double High Carbon Damascus.:)

Back