1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos Help

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by hkingdom, Oct 29, 2018.

1. hkingdom

hkingdom Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2006
    I'm hoping someone can help me identify this knife. The blade is about 6 1/2". The sheath is original to the knife. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Looks like a 511 (SYKCO); but I am far from an expert on Busse-kin.

*edited to add - I think the 511 would fall short of your stated 6.5" blade length.

What does it say on the other side of the blade? (Swamp Rat or SYKCO or ??)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  3. hkingdom

Oct 5, 2006
    There's nothing on either side of the blade. I got this from my friend. He bought it from Swamp Rat, but forgot the name of the knife. The sheath came with the knife. Thanks.

4. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Hard Knocks and Uncle Timbo like this.
  5. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    511 has different choil and blade is under 6 inches, also by the time of *11 series there were no cordura sheaths offered, so that would be Camp Tramp.

Hard Knocks and Uncle Timbo like this.
  6. hkingdom

Oct 5, 2006
    Thanks for the help.

7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    .....could not have said it better.

8. sandgrouper

sandgrouper Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Pretty much 100% that it is one of the original Scrap Yard Scrapper 6's. To be sure they were 0.275" to the Camp Tramp's 0.250" and full flat ground compared to saber ground. And 6.5" compared to 7.5". Oh, and SY77 instead of SR101. That is the type Noss couldn't break back in the day. All but indestructible.

luethge, ilyk, Béma and 3 others like this.
  9. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I think you’re right.
    Never managed to snag either one, but looking closer at op’s pic it looks like S6 more than CT

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  10. sandgrouper

sandgrouper Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Yep, they're very similar really. Just a bunch of little, nit-picky differences to the eye. I reckon the most important one is the one you can't see - SY77, so even tougher than the similar Swamp Rats. Pretty special tool.

11. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Too short, and not saber ground. NOT a Camp Tramp! Likely the SYKCO Scrapper 6 as suggested.

From the Scrapyard Knife Specs thread over on the Scrapyard Home Forum:

IMG_3250.jpg

Béma likes this.
  12. thebrain

thebrain

Dec 12, 2007
    Scrapper 6 for sure smaller than a tramp and pretty different than the newer stuff.

13. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Where'd you find my Scrapper? I've been looking everywhere for her? :)