1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Henri Tikkanen PUUKKO from FINLAND with bio info too

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by RayseM, Oct 7, 2018.

1. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    Oh man. This puukko would be right up my alley. You see, I'm originally from the easternmost part of Finland and I have not yet seen, before this one anything that is really based on the original puukko's from that area. My favourite is Tommi-puukko but this style originates slightly more to the north, allthough very similar. You can take the man from the east but you never take the east from the man. :)

2. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    @HFinn - email the man. He would make you an exceptional knife with pleasure, for you, a neighbor from the East. :thumbsup:

Ray

HFinn likes this.
  3. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    Remember this ^ from page 2 ?

Here is the result after drying and mounting.

Bowl-&-Conk-2.jpg

Bowl-&-Conk-3.jpg

... and of course some more Tikkanen Puukko as the thread intends ;)

(~ not the same polypore - I left this one to grow more ~)

Puukko-and-polypore.jpg

Cheers, Ray

4. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Thanks @RayseM for posted Henri Tikkanen’s beautiful Puukko. It inspired me to order this little Birch Bark “Taskupuukko” from him and I couldn’t be more pleased with the Puukko and Henri. Great guy to deal with and hope to order more from him A884B998-4665-429A-8123-86DC68DB3FAD.jpeg 6D314FA9-FADD-4280-97AC-B3BF5902040E.jpeg

5. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    Good for you @Tutone :thumbsup: You've got yourself an authentic working puukko there. Yes indeed - Henri and his puukkos are an excellent combination. I'm certainly enjoying my knife from him too - holds an edge and is a comfort to hold.

Cheers, Ray

Tutone and Fodderwing like this.
  6. dcpritch

dcpritch Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2018
    What a great read through this thread. Thank you Ray for all the pictures and words. :thumbsup:

7. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    My pleasure. Glad you found it interesting. I hope you checked out the links included by @Frederick89. Lots of great background info in there.

Party on Puukko Preciators! :)

Ray

dcpritch likes this.
  8. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Had to share my full size 3.75” blade birch bark Puukko from Henri I just received. Love Henri’s work and I think it is a good match to his little pocket necker puukko‼️ 13FB72D6-FC2D-43D8-A811-BD2E7E8A452C.jpeg 6369526A-984A-4B2B-A778-720CB830EC21.jpeg

9. Frederick89

Frederick89

Dec 30, 2009
    We need a review of that ;)

10. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    Wow @Tutone - That is very great to have 2 Tikkanen's. You will find the bigger one especially useful but the pair :) what an excellent TEAM :thumbsup: :cool: Yes please - reviews with more photos.

Cheers, Ray

11. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    Reminiscing ~

Puukko-Reminiscing.jpg

Ray

12. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Real nice Knife in the op - just basic but somehow great!

13. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    Many ways great Duncan. Thanks :thumbsup:

Ray

14. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Beautiful knives.
    I posted this elsewhere, but certainly appropriate here. A great historical video.

RayseM likes this.
  15. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    I enjoy this little video every time I watch it. Lovely knives from steady, old, well practiced hands :thumbsup:

Thanks again Don.

Ray

Pinemoon likes this.
  16. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Yes, a great account.
    That channel has some interesting videos.