Here I am in Fort Payne

Yeah, that's right. I'm sitting at the DeKalb County Public Library right now. I thought I would check to see if anyone had gotten any further with the clues. Silly me!! I went ahead and drove down here last night from Charlotte. It took about 6 hours. My excuse was to come down here and take pictures! Yeah, that's it!

Anyway, I've already been to the state park. I've done the Azaelea trail, and some of the other trails. I've been huffing and puffing all morning. I thought something up here might register with me from the clues. But, they haven't yet. I did see Needle Eye Rock (got a photo of that), and the cascade area, but I think there's about 13.78 billion rocks just like the one in the picture up here.

I can't make heads or tails of the royalty part or with the lemons. If anyone out there has any thoughts, now would be the time. I'm heading back tomorrow!!

I know, you'll want to save it for yourself!!

I'll check back in anyway!

G-Man,

Good luck Man!!!!!!

I don't know if you can smell the lemons right now or not. . . . maybe.

Keep us updated!. . . . Don't forget to buy some socks while you're there!!!!

Jerry

Took a little break to grab some eats and sit back and think for a bit. Appreciate the good words! I'm a tryin'!!!

Haven't found anything to make the connection yet, but I did come across some empty CBL containers. Problem is they're everywhere!!

How long were you here Jerry??

Way to go G-Man!!!!

I may be way off here, but I think the flowers were to help ID the park. I suspect that the "x" that Idahoskunk saw was not an "x", but rather the map symbol for a mine, or in this case quarry. I know your time is limited, but consider it.

Also to consider is the hint to have socks, suggesting your feet are going to get wet.(?)

I will keep with this for a while, but have to go in to work unexpectedly. Will check in later this evening.

What about a lemonade stand/ concessions? I know. Grasping at straws, but I am stumped.

Free thinking:

crown royal, lemon tea, tavern, water, falls, resting on laurels, laurel falls, stnading on top of a pyramid with a thousand naked women worshipping me and throwing little pickles.... oh damn.... I have gone insane......

In the clue, the first sentence was about looking for gold but not finding it... Could it be related to the Fool bath house, as in Fool's gold?

Just a thought...

G-man,
First off, I have to say Bravo for going to check it out first hand. Good luck. :D:D

I hope you are able to make a connection and if not this time maybe your experience there will trigger something when you get back. I'm sure that it won't be a fruitless trip. :D:D

Here's a wild guess:
Just above AZALEA Cascade, the BLUE Trail starts at the bridge over Laurel Creek and runs past Laurel Falls and Lost Falls. Looking back NE along the trail, you be able to see Needle Eye Rock from the "payload" drop site.

Good luck on your hunt G-Man!

Back