1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here Is A Place to discuss Archery,Bow Hunting, Ect

Discussion in 'Backwoods & KFU Custom Handmade Knives' started by bacustomknives, Jul 30, 2011.

1. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    HERE IS BROTHER Riverwarrior's Son with his first BLOOD!! CONGRATS BUDDY!!!

[​IMG]

2. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Cool beans,the first of many I hope.
    I remember my first back in 82 & still have the arrow.

3. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    He didnt have an arrow,his bow went "bang" but heres were all the deer pics are!! He deserves a spot in the backwoods trophy room

4. Riverwarrior

Riverwarrior Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Thanks Bill. My son had a great time hunting especially since this was his first deer kill. My wife and I are driving him back to college today (he's a Bio-Chemistry (Pre Medicine) major in the Honors Program at Ohio State University (Columbus).

5. captleo

captleo

Nov 20, 2002
    Hey, anyone still shooting their bows. I'm moving to AZ so I can shoot more often. Hope this thread keeps up.

Mike N.

6. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    sure i sling arrows quite often, im shooting a mathews z7 magnum now very nice rig

7. captleo

captleo

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm using Mathews Extreme I'm a big fan of Mathews bows and two blade Rage.

Mike N.

8. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    im a swhacker fan on broadheads

9. captleo

captleo

Nov 20, 2002
    Bill,

Just did a little research on the Swhacker. Looks interesting. I used to shoot fix blades. Lost some deer with them. Lot better luck with Rage. I'll give Swhacker a look. I drove myself nuts for awhile changing broadheads.
    Do the Swhackers shoot like a fieldpoint?

Mike N.

10. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    yes sir,there dead on and cut like no other

11. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    Heres a fishing and hunting buddy of mine ,And his Ohio Big buck wall hanger this year,He aswell shoots a Mathews Z7

GREEN SCORED 172 4/8" POPE & YOUNG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  12. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    nice buck. i have a buddy that is going out to Ohio on thursday for his annual hunting trip.

13. crazyengineer

crazyengineer

Apr 2, 2011
    I love shooting my bow, I dont have any good pictures right now, but I will post some in a few days

I shoot a reflex growler compound with PSE predator arrows with 55# pull
    an old bear kodiak magnum 48 recurve with 45# pull
    an old pearson andan old mustang recurves.

i'll have to get some pictures for yall, i love the old bows when I can get a good deal on them

14. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    I love archery but I haven't done any in very many years. I was on the archery team in college, using bows without wheels on them, NAA or FITA rules. We used to shoot 40-80 arrows almost every day. Back then the best target bow was the Hoyt Takedown II and I still have mine. I bought a compound and got into field archery using NFAA rules. This was one of my favorite sports, I can't really explain why I got out of it but to do it well it took a lot of time. I never was interested in hunting with a bow though.

15. bigcountry1315

bigcountry1315

Aug 3, 2009
    Went out last night.Was windy 25 mph with gust to 40 mph.Saw 5 does.The 5th one gave me a broadside shot.Double lunged her and watched her drop.That is 2 deer in the freezer this year.Have one more tag.going to try and tag out before gun season starts!

16. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    i hear that brother i just smoked a couple myself, people better be learning to live off the land,instead of living in and out of the stores,i feel everything is gonna have a scary price tag before long

17. tackett13

tackett13

Jul 27, 2011
    Thats a good deer.
    Finally I am going to hunt in Ohio for the first time in about 15 years. My brother has a nice 400 acre lease up in pierpont. Going up on the 29th of november. I will have to put down my rifle for this one I guess.....

18. D.Douglas

D.Douglas

Feb 16, 2009
    Hello, Just found this thread. Bowhunting junkie myself. Shooting a mathews helium last year. Kind of a poor year for me.We got hit pretty hard with EHD. Found three deer on my small place and others neighboring 4 or 5. Got a nice size spike early. Decided he needed removed. Hit a nice doe some time later and was a poor quartering away shot. Very disappointed i did not recover. Passed on some other small bucks. No big ones seen except on opening day. This season is over for me but i am getting excited for next already. I purchased a book Idiot proof archery. Good read. I will be trying to improve my shot sequence so its automatic when the deer shows up. Its based on a back tension release. Ready to get out and do some shed hunting next month. Also would like to get all my stand prep done early in the spring so i can do nothing but shoot till season starts.
    Doug

19. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    Some new pics added on the first page of my new bow and my den

20. bacustomknives

Sep 3, 2008
    Backwoods and the bone collectors on the first page!!cool