Here's A Cool Pic Of The Enormous Dirty Trick 12 Dwarfing The DB-421!!!

Jerry Busse

Here's a cool pic of the enormous Dirty Trick 12 dwarfing the DB-421

The DB-421 sports a 7 5/8" blade compared to the 12" long blade on the Dirty Trick!

The fine edge of the Dirty Trick 12 coupled with the full-height flat ground blade make this monster an amazing chopper!

Congrats to all who score!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

sykco DB-421 vs dirty trick B.jpg

sykco DB-421 vs dirty trick C.jpg

Oh Man I am hoping there will be a Ganza with red bladed ones :)

I would really like to see a photo of the grip in someones hand. I really like it but the handle seems a little small for the knife so I’m hesitant

Yup. At least the stonewash will help hide the nasty grinder marks.

Honestly I believe it does far more than hide it but actually removes them pretty effectively as well. They are buttery smooth and I'll definitely be ordering my INFI with this finish moving forward, especially since it pretty much kills any hotspots that the handles might have because they are stonewashed with the handles attached. Almost gives you a similar result to having hand shaped handles while leaving some pattern to the scales to add grip without hotspots.

Honestly I believe it does far more than hide it but actually removes them pretty effectively as well. They are buttery smooth and I'll definitely be ordering my INFI with this finish moving forward, especially since it pretty much kills any hotspots that the handles might have because they are stonewashed with the handles attached. Almost gives you a similar result to having hand shaped handles while leaving some pattern to the scales to add grip without hotspots.
Why would they be stonewashed with the handles on? Had this been confirmed?

Why would they be stonewashed with the handles on? Had this been confirmed?

Confirmed, no. To qualify what I said, I've only found that to be the case with G-10 handle and NOT resiprene C handles.

They may not be assembled when they are stonewashed but the handle is definitely not as they come from the machines that texture them.

As a matter of chance, I posted a few of my surplus Radioactive Duty's that are seeking new homes this morning on the exchange. The photos there serve as a nice comparison of textures between Double Cut Bead Blasted and Stonewashed texturing on handles. You can see how much softening appear on 'peaks' of the Stonewashed vs the matte peened/cratered look of the DCBB. My satin RAD doesn't have anything done from the factory and is standard texture for G-10.

Back