HEST/F Supplier confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there everyone, I had a question, I had put in a pre order with 2 vendors, Knife works and Rocky National for the new Folder production model.

Knifeworks contacted me and told me they had one for me and it would be shipping some time this week if i still wanted it. I actually told them to cancel the order because I had been working closely with Rocky National and ordered 2 of them through their company.

I called Rocky Natl. this morning and they are saying that they don't know when they will be getting them, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they will be receiving them anytime soon, knife works already has theirs, and i didn't know if the other vendors would be getting them as well. thanks!

Jon

I would love to know what is going on. I have an LE and a production on order, I little update would be great

i got an email from the dealer i ordered through last night saying the rumor now is delivery could be late january/early february :eek:

Dear Matt,

Well I just wanted to send out a quick email and let you know that I have been hearing allot of when the HEST Folder will be released and shipped, I have heard they will be shipped by the end of January and others (just rumors most likely) are saying mid February.

As I stated before I have been on the phone with my suppliers and they seem to know less than most of us, either way we are still in a holding pattern and eagerly waiting. I thank you for your patience and I will continue to find out any and all info I can.

Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.

As always, Thank you for your business and most of all your trust!

All my best,

Tim

It really can seem frustrating at times trying to get an exact shipping date, if you ask multiple people I guarantee you'll get multiple answers. I know for me I have allot of orders for the DPx HEST Folder as well as some other knives coming out soon. I have multiple suppliers for my supplies and when I ask any of them about a release date I get different answers from them all. We just have be patient and before we know it they will be shipped and on our door step. Trust me, this folder will be worth every second that we had to wait.

Hi there everyone, I had a question, I had put in a pre order with 2 vendors, Knife works and Rocky National for the new Folder production model.

Knifeworks contacted me and told me they had one for me and it would be shipping some time this week if i still wanted it. I actually told them to cancel the order because I had been working closely with Rocky National and ordered 2 of them through their company.

I called Rocky Natl. this morning and they are saying that they don't know when they will be getting them, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they will be receiving them anytime soon, knife works already has theirs, and i didn't know if the other vendors would be getting them as well. thanks!

Jon

I called knifeworks last week and a customer service rep told me about 2 weeks they might be getting them in. I also heard some people already pre-paid for them at knifeworks too. I pre-ordered with them back in August and havn't got a email or anything from them. The customer service rep told me they would be sending them out to everyone when they arrive. I'll just be patient and wait and see.

Rocky National's website is freaking impossible to try and find stuff on. :confused:

They expect the folders to ship in a couple weeks from the factory. There have been set backs due to weather and shipping. Some of the items included in the LE package were delayed. They also wanted to insure lion steel had plenty of time to inspect the folders.

Patience is a virtue.

I'm fine with whenever it arrives. It's a pocketknife. I have a few others that will get me by until it gets here.;)

That said, it is a little frustrating to hear "They will be done tomorrow and will be shipped next week" and then not hear anything.

I'm not worried a bit, just excited for these things to arrive, and am having a hard time sitting here waiting like a 8 year old on Xmas eve.:D

I havent heard anything from the place I ordered from that has said anything other than early January.

Sounds to me Knifeworks got a litle prematurely excited. I really just think it will get here when it gets here. it will be everything we hoped and wished for and it won't be any less of a knife if we get it next week or feb. Its gotta be close.

I was lucky enough to nail down a sterile LE and couldn't give up my pre order production version from knife works. I am eagerly waiting for both. I'm sure the vendors who have tried to answer these questions to their customers want the knifes as bad, or more than we do at this point.

I suggest you speak to them then. I did the same thing with them and preordered a few months ago. I then decided I wanted a second production model a couple weeks ago (I have #39 LE Sterile coming already) so I clicked add to Cart and that one was charged for. The wait is no big deal to me as long as I am getting what I think I'm getting which is two production models. When I got my confirmation email back from them they did not act like they recognized my first pre-order that wasn't paid for.

The reply to myinquiry was "It looks like we have you down for a production Hest Folder and it appears you have already paid."

What they didn't say is "we have you down for two with one paid for". And that was what I was expecting to hear so it sounds like they only recognized the one they I paid for before shipping. My account info shows both orders however.

I would contact them and make sure they are honoring that early pre-order to be safe.

I called knifeworks last week and a customer service rep told me about 2 weeks they might be getting them in. I also heard some people already pre-paid for them at knifeworks too. I pre-ordered with them back in August and havn't got a email or anything from them. The customer service rep told me they would be sending them out to everyone when they arrive. I'll just be patient and wait and see.

They expect the folders to ship in a couple weeks from the factory. There have been set backs due to weather and shipping. Some of the items included in the LE package were delayed. They also wanted to insure lion steel had plenty of time to inspect the folders.

Patience is a virtue.

Where did you get this info from? I'm not being an ass, just wondering since Robert hasn't chimed in yet.

Just to update those who may not have been...
I pre-ordered from knifeworks in august and after learning that other people who ordered from them were getting emails about their order, I sent an email in order to clarify things.
Ashley told me that I should go ahead and "order" the knife again since it would only apply to those who have already pre-ordered it. I'm not sure how this works but I did what she said so we'll see what happens. Anyone else have a similar experience or know what is going on?

I preordered from KW on 7/28. Received an email on 12/22 requesting I go ahead and order the knife off the website. Received my confirmation email showing that my order was placed as well as another email showing that my preorder (different order number) had been canceled. My current order number shows the status of my order as "paid". My credit card was charged on 12/23.

I've been emailing DPx and they sent me that information in an email. I think it was like a memo or something sent throughout the company. Id copy n paste but idk if thats appropriate. Im pretty new to the forums and don't really know what is or isn't appropriate sometimes. When in doubt, I act on the side of caution.

I've been emailing DPx and they sent me that information in an email. I think it was like a memo or something sent throughout the company. Id copy n paste but idk if thats appropriate. Im pretty new to the forums and don't really know what is or isn't appropriate sometimes. When in doubt, I act on the side of caution.

it's appropriate. you can post it.

"Following is an Update that was sent out on December 21st. We expect the
knives will be shipped from the factory in the next couple of weeks, given
a few unexpected delays caused by weather, customs, and such.
Regards,
DPxGearTeam

UPDATE: DELIVERY OF YOUR LE/FOLDER.

Here is where we are. LionSteel will have finally finished all of the
Limited Edition DPx HEST Folders by tomorrow evening (Wednesday). At the
same time, all of the Skull tools will be finished. BUT, I wanted the
Limited Edition knife Customers to receive very cool goodies with their
knife that you will not see until delivery. Two of the vendors of these
goodies have not delivered yet (I am not going to reveal names to protect
the guilty!). That being said, there have also been significant weather and
air freight problems so I will cut them some slack. This means we are NOT
going to ship the Limited Edition DPx HEST Folders before Christmas. This
is a decision I am making. I deem it critical to ensure Gianni/LionSteel
has the time to inspect every knife and get the entire Limited Edition
package together.

I am standing-by during the holidays to sign and number each of the 250
knives so I don't want to hear any whining.

Have a
wonderful Holiday Season!

RYP"

This is what was provided to me in an email when i asked when i was gonna get my LE folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back