1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

HEST Folder - photos in hand

Discussion in 'DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools' started by R.A.T., Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikilledkenny

ikilledkenny

Jun 13, 2009
    Hell, you'd enjoy the breeze 100 times more if that happened ;):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

2. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    Yep, but I might lose "parts" I am fond of.... ;) .. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: .. :D

3. ikilledkenny

ikilledkenny

Jun 13, 2009
    Gotta lose some to win some lol

4. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    :eek: .. :eek: .. :eek: .. :D

5. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Stay Sharp! Platinum Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Wow! What a bunch of whiners a few of you are! If you have ever worked with multiple contractors and real life situations you should have long since learned that release dates, and completion dates are only best guestimates using the info currently in hand. Dates almost always slip and it should be expected if you're a realist and not just an unhappy, whining idealist.

I have a bit of advice for the whiners.... Do not EVER order a custom knife. It will not be ready by the time the initial estimated delivery date is long past. Also, do not EVER pre-order a knife. Only order production models from stores that have your item in stock. If you follow this advice, the rest of we fellow knife nuts will have a much nicer day as we will no longer have to skim over your constant complaining posts.

6. UDT-SEAL

UDT-SEAL Banned BANNED

Mar 9, 2010
    Very good point fixer "subject to change"
    Over and over------- it wasn't me it was the other guy hes late ...shift.....shift...
    Good and valid point well taken.;;;;;;;;;.Seems the only one here pays attention to the written word.........Product is expected to be stocked by December 10
    12-30-2010, 07:40 PM

Here is the most up to date information we have...The 250 Limited Edition Folders have been produced and the inspection of each knife has been completed. We decided to add an additional item to the Limited Edition package as well as create a more efficient container for shipping. We estimate shipping from the factory in the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen delays.
    Regards,
    Linda
    DPxGearTeam

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:04 AM,
    So you wont see this knife till the end of January

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  7. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    wow didnt think i was whining like a little girl, just dont see any reason to jump all over each other over something none of us has any control over. i understand that nobody ever comes in on time on a project like this. been there done it myself. crap does happen suppliers dont deliver on time the mail man dumps your stuff somewhere else endless reasons that crap happens. i didnt really expect to see the le before feb anyway.

take it easy
    cricket

8. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    :eek: .. :confused: .. :eek: .. :confused: .. :eek: .. :confused: .. :eek: ..:confused: .. :eek:

You weren't.. I was agreeing with you 'cricketdave' . :thumbup: ?????? :)

I, as you I think... just see no reason to gripe, whine, complain, stir the pot, or cry because it is not here yet.

Those things do nothing to "help" the situation.

I'd bet the farm "they" are getting things done as fast as possible. :)

9. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Apr 26, 2007
    It is what it is.

10. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    my mistake teacher no problem.

take it easy
    cricket

11. DH1

DH1

Nov 8, 2006
    Any word from Robert on this delay?

I'm surprised no one has crashed the Lion Steel forum just south of this one with HEST questions:D

12. gundude73

gundude73

Oct 6, 2009
    i think he said he was going to be in Somalia during january. i dont think we will be hearing from him soon ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  13. DH1

DH1

Nov 8, 2006
    Ahh that's right. He has been posting on his Facebook page pretty regularly though.

14. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    All good..... :)

15. Paul RevEar

Paul RevEar

Nov 17, 2010
    I wonder if the people waiting for the 2nd production run will get theres before the 1st runs ;) J/k Can't wait for my First Production. What's the latest? Are the blades in the US somewhere?

16. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    I am waiting on Gianni for the exact date

17. Fuzillade

Fuzillade

Oct 25, 2009
    How are the extras for the LE versions coming along?
    I thought those were holding up the operation on that end.

Anyway, good to hear that these are shipping soon, I seriously
    can't wait to see these!

:)

18. dnuggett

dnuggett

Jul 7, 2010
    Glad now I decided to let the two I had reserved go. Patience is not my thing, and it's not like this is really worth waiting on considering all the other options out there.

19. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    Glad you are happy... but to me they will defiantly be worth the wait. :thumbup:
    They are the same cool knife we [you too till you "let yours go"] ordered in the first place. Being a few weeks late hasn't changed any of that. ;)

20. Kingofthellamas

Kingofthellamas

Nov 27, 2010
    Thanks nuggett, i probably picked up your cancelation order! Patience is a virtue!

Eternally grateful,
    Jacob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.