HEST folder reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since it's not out yet I think you're going to be searching for a while...

You can run a search here and find the specs on the knife though.

The folder has not been released yet. No reviews exist. RYP has some informal feedback based on the prototype he is carrying. All HEST folder stuff is now in the DPX sub-forum now that ESEE and DPX are seperate entities

ok thats why,

I was looking around on knife sites today and they mentioned the second run of Hest folders was due in FEb 2011 so I assumed the first run was already out there.

Thanks anyway:)

So far, I love mine. It has a nice snap when you "wave" it out of your pocket similar to a good auto. It batons very easily through oak with the factory edge and throws well with excellent tip retention. The spine sparks a firesteel very well although there are some knives that do it better. I managed to carved out a nice bow drill pivot in the handle so it is doing well as a folding survival knife. Lashing it to a spear pole took a little time but worth the effort.

More to follow....

when I actually get the knife.

The only people that have a HEST/F are myself, Tomso and Jeff (who has THREE of them) and I think Rowen did some destruction testing on them. I have been using it for three months, one in the jungle, one around the ranch and I am using it in Somalia...just to prove the old adage "never bring a HEST to a gunfight" absolutely wrong :))

I am biased... but it is exactly the size, weight, thickness and feel that I wanted in a folder.

The only people that have a HEST/F are myself, Tomso and Jeff (who has THREE of them) and I think Rowen did some destruction testing on them. I have been using it for three months, one in the jungle, one around the ranch and I am using it in Somalia...just to prove the old adage "never bring a HEST to a gunfight" absolutely wrong :))

I am biased... but it is exactly the size, weight, thickness and feel that I wanted in a folder.

Thanks for that review...thats the first one im guessing! :)

Im gonna get my pre order in today!

:p
So far, I love mine. It has a nice snap when you "wave" it out of your pocket similar to a good auto. It batons very easily through oak with the factory edge and throws well with excellent tip retention. The spine sparks a firesteel very well although there are some knives that do it better. IP managed to carved out a nice bow drill pivot in the handle so it is doing well as a folding survival knife. Lashing it to a spear pole took a little time but worth the effort.

More to follow....

P

when I actually get the knife.

I love mine as well. I was able to whittle a cinder block and spine-whack through a 2x4. The factory edge is still sharp enough to shave my girlfriends whisker biscuit!:p

:p

I love mine as well. I was able to whittle a cinder block and spine-whack through a 2x4. The factory edge is still sharp enough to shave my girlfriends whisker biscuit!:p

thats a little overkill isnt it? i think the izula folder did a great job on the cinder blocks. hell i even used it to baton a 4x4.

im trying to find something big enough to test the esee3 folder but im not having much luck. i think i would need a bucket truck, top off a tree bout 24" diameter and just start there and work down. or maybe start with some power poles? dont know yet have the knife just no bucket truck.....

Ok, guys. If you don't get hest in two weeks, I'll start a pass around of my proto if Robert gives the OK. Monsieur will be the first because I know him, than we'll go from there.

Ok, guys. If you don't get hest in two weeks, I'll start a pass around of my proto if Robert gives the OK. Monsieur will be the first because I know him, than we'll go from there.

I am torned now :D :D

Hopefully everyone gets there knives in time. Worse case scenario I'll get to play with one in two weeks time

Thx mate btw ;)

Wow Tomso, that's a nice thought! Hopefully we get it by then and you can keep yours. Great gesture on your part.:thumbup:

It looks great. An update on the production status of the LE and the regular production would be great. It has been awhile since I have seen an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back