HEST used in wilderness school

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case some of you haven't seen this over in the ESEE forum. The thread was a review of their survival course but it is also a good indicator of what the HEST can do, since that is the knife I used to do the course with. I beat the heck out of it. It still is in great shape.

If you've already read it, disregard this post and spend the time you otherwise would have spent reading it to go to your favorite internet knife seller and order a folding HEST.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=791398

OK that post is TOTALLY survivalicious! But, why, oh why did you put ketchup on your damn BBQ and not the fries?? FAIL :))

Over here in DPx World allow hot sauce as the sole condiment and that is just for morning mouth wash.

Excellent pics but next time don't feed bats to Randall... he can't eat just one

That's was Jeff's plate of pussified food.

All of us men were eating grub worms. And washing it down with raccoon piss--straight from the freshly removed bladder.

"All of us men were eating grub worms. And washing it down with raccoon piss--straight from the freshly removed bladder.'

I hoped y'awl licked that anus out reeeal clean fer dessert. You really need to try out for Bear Grylliss next cooking show :))

"All of us men were eating grub worms. And washing it down with raccoon piss--straight from the freshly removed bladder.'

I hoped y'awl licked that anus out reeeal clean fer dessert. You really need to try out for Bear Grylliss next cooking show :))

Is that the new one where you survive in a hotel for a week with nothing but a $1000 knife and room service?

Cool link Expatriated, thanks.

That's was Jeff's plate of pussified food.

All of us men were eating grub worms. And washing it down with raccoon piss--straight from the freshly removed bladder.

Lol, thanks...now you should have to come down here and clean the damned coffee off my screen.

That was a great link, I remember most of those pics from when Reuben posted photos from that class....he took a lot of great shots of that class actually.

I think the HEST is just an awesome survival knife. I hear people say that you need a larger knife for SERE, (and while yes at times a larger knife can make some things easier it can also make other things more difficult) but my experiences with this were in an urbanized environment where discretion was a major factor and damn I wish I had had my HESTs back then. Besides, out in the bush if I have the freedom to make the noise it takes to chop then I also have the freedom to make the noise it will take to baton and I already know how much abuse the HEST can take.

I do remember when you posted that thread over at the ESEE forum and it was truly GREAT! I'd really love to see you go through the course in SA and do a review on that one also since you did such a great job. I'll have to agree with Pelton on the hot sauce, I have some in my bug out bag and a few small bottles from MRE's for some survival kits. Being a California native, you get so used to hot sauce you end up putting it on everything. After reading that review I really know what to expect when I got through Jeffrey's course.

so, when can we expect some "killer" DPx survival hot sauce and mouth wash? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back