Hi all... looking for Strider info

I just recently went through a a box from my last trip to the sand box (contractor) and of the Jarheads I worked with gave me a Strider folder with an NSN. Just looking for some information about. I'm sure someone is a Strider guru. Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the info. We worked around each other in the states too. He was a good dude as well. I had a running joke that, I got out of Marine Corps and then go to a combat zone as a civilian.

There's lot of stuff written about him, both pro and con, and you can find whatever you're looking for.
If I had to examine the previous lifetime actions and ethics of every company that I do business with...well... we ALL have our things we're not too proud of...
I prefer to look at the quality of the product, and the Customer Service provided by that company.
Strider Customer Service is not fast, but it is completely free, and is good for the life of the knife....and NOT just the owner. I've used their service on two occasions: (1) they replaced a blade that a previous owner had broken...and #2...they replaced an older model frozen pivot for a completely new design pivot...all for zero cost.
I've owned about twenty Striders, in four models, and they all were great knives.
Enjoy your Strider; it will serve you very well.

Congrats on a really nice freebie. I have never owned a strider but have always liked their designs.

There's lot of stuff written about him, both pro and con, and you can find whatever you're looking for.
If I had to examine the previous lifetime actions and ethics of every company that I do business with...well... we ALL have our things we're not too proud of...
I prefer to look at the quality of the product, and the Customer Service provided by that company.
Strider Customer Service is not fast, but it is completely free, and is good for the life of the knife....and NOT just the owner. I've used their service on two occasions: (1) they replaced a blade that a previous owner had broken...and #2...they replaced an older model frozen pivot for a completely new design pivot...all for zero cost.
I've owned about twenty Striders, in four models, and they all were great knives.
Enjoy your Strider; it will serve you very well.
Wrong. You can search in vain for evidence of stolen valor against 99.99999% of the population and come up empty.

Strider quality has been hit or miss and mostly miss in tge past. Only recently have they made some decent quality. They also suck as edc carry knives despite the fan boys. They will do as a work knife in a toolbox. And stolen Valor is 100% true. Also they are vile people on social media. They are not even good knife makers.

Most of there popularity is due to fan boys, collectors, and the army folks that fall for the stolen valor. Bless there soles.

The blades are heat treated professionally out of the factory, so that's the only good thing they have going for them. So if anything they are not completely junk.

Not disputing the thread-It is what it is.

I like the design and based on my experience with Strider "knives", you have a fine knife. I have had very few problems with the knives(old or new) over many years of use, though their fit and finish were a bit weak at one time. Customer service is different-terrible communication, but good service. They will repair the knife for any reason for life. So use the knife hard. If you don't like Mick use it even harder and get it fixed on his dime :).

I have always liked Strider designs, and for the most part, his knives seem to hold up well and have a strong following. Someone must really think a lot of you, most Striders sell for several hundred dollars.

^^^This. And that is what distinguishes Mickey Burger (Strider) from people who have "made mistakes..." He built his entire enterprise on a lie (more accurately, a series of lies).
The irony in all of this is a familiar function of Burger’s archetype. Let’s pretend he sold himself from the very beginning in an entirely different way:

Mick Stryder’s story is one of sin and redemption, of failure and triumph. Stryder struck out of the Rangers, never reaching his childhood dream. After that, his life spiralled out of control. Discharged from the military, Stryder sunk to his lowest ebb, associating with criminals, and ultimately being convicted and sentenced to penal servitude for a serious felony.

It was during his time in prison that Stryder realised he had to turn his life around. He began to plan a better future, making top quality, rugged knives that would serve his former comrades, the men and women who had reached that pinnacle of excellence. And thus was born Stryder Knives.

But, as is often the case, the very things that could make Burger’s story compelling, sympathetic even, are deliberately obfuscated, probably due to feelings of shame and denial. It’s a classic syndrome.

The irony in all of this is a familiar function of Burger’s archetype. Let’s pretend he sold himself from the very beginning in an entirely different way:

Mick Stryder’s story is one of sin and redemption, of failure and triumph. Stryder struck out of the Rangers, never reaching his childhood dream. After that, his life spiralled out of control. Discharged from the military, Stryder sunk to his lowest ebb, associating with criminals, and ultimately being convicted and sentenced to penal servitude for a serious felony.

It was during his time in prison that Stryder realised he had to turn his life around. He began to plan a better future, making top quality, rugged knives that would serve his former comrades, the men and women who had reached that pinnacle of excellence. And thus was born Stryder Knives.

But, as is often the case, the very things that could make Burger’s story compelling, sympathetic even, are deliberately obfuscated, probably due to feelings of shame and denial. It’s a classic syndrome.
You may well be right, and +1 for using "archetype!"

Very good point, one I hadn't thought of. Honesty is a better policy. However, I doubt all the Billy bad ass wannabe meat heads would buy based on the truth. High speed low drag operator sells better to a certain crowd, even if it can be proven 100% to be a lie.

Back