Hi Cantinaista's

Sorry I haven't been around lately... And please excuse the lack of Capitals except for what i can easily reach with my left hand and spell check catches.

I've had several happenings/going ons here lately with the biggest one affecting me physically was my ulna nerve in my right arm being severally pinched. I'd have to check my medical records to figure out how long ago this started bothering me but it has been since before my 1st neck surgery that my fingers had started going numb and that's been Quite a while ago!!!...
And oftentimes one thing has to be fixed before it can be figured out that it was Something Else That Was Wrong in the first place!!!
So the reason for the lack of Capitals in places where they oughta be is that I'm having to type one handed because i had surgery on my right elbow to fix my severally pinched ulna nerve...
The really wonderful part of this whole ordeal of 6 weeks in a sling constantly except when it can be placed on pillows and diligently being kept in a bent position is that i can already tell it is much improved and I'm recovering more and more feeling on a daily basis!!!

Then on top of that the problems i was having with my PC finally came to a head...
A goodly part of my PC trouble's was indeed it's damned mouse!!!
And howinhell was i supposed to know that when you replaced the mouse that you hadda wait for a while until the PC recognized it had a new one???
Anyway i finally had it patiently explained to me and got that problem solved.
Next came having all my files i wanted to keep downloaded to another hard drive and then wiping my "C" drive and reinstalling Windows XP SP3 and all of Windows update's which took a bit of time.
Anyway I'm almost done with all that then the tweaking I've got started needs to be finished which hopefully will be done by Monday.

I'm also, dealing/trying to deal... with a couple of really hard personal situations...
A cousin who is like the sister i never had was diagnosed with lung cancer back around April or so and she wasn't expecting to live past May but between the radiation and chemo I'll be a scentless skunk if she didn't go into remission!!!!
Then like cancer so often does it came back with a passion and on top of that bronchitis and pneumonia and shes been really sick, and tired, the last several days.
But on a more positive note her brother, who is like my little brother, told me today that the bronchitis and pneumonia has started breaking up so she is really starting to feel better once again, besides that with the history of cancer in our family her oncologist is really fighting her cancer aggressively so Sue may outlive us all!!!

The other situation is extremely complicated and right now just too damned personnel to share but even at that i know that Unelanvhi, The Great Mystery has a reason(s) for things being the way they are. All i or anyone else can do is pray that, Things be fixed up in a good and gentle way for the person and persons involved!!!!

Yvsa - I'm terribly sorry. I deleted your post when trying to reply to it. Member 7rip13a led me to a cached copy and I was able to restore the basic text from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Yvsa. Good to see you posting. A beautiful fresh rain is sweeping in from Mother Pacific tonight. Crashing surf and falling rain are Great Sounds Together. May their good energy find their way inland to you . Smoke up from the Tidelands.

Good to see you, Edutsi!
Sorry to hear of all your woes but very glad you can feel your fingers again.
Smoke and prayer for You, and all your family in need , my friend.

Good to have you here again Yvsa, you're a great asset to the HI community. Best wishes from Brisbane, Australia.

Yvsa, smoke sent. Physical injuries to oneself are always easier to deal with then the emotional rollercoaster and scars that Cancer affecting a loved one inflicts on us. I think that sometimes the Universe likes to hit us with a bunch of crap at once just to see how we react. The trick is not to "fold" but to persevere when things get tough. Nature likes to be in balance you just have to wait for it to get back there.

hello!

Glad to hear some good news, and very sorry for the hard news.

Thanks for the opportunity to pray for you, and your cousin.

:)

Tom

Glad to have you back Red Buffalo and also glad that the work on your elbow seems to be working. Good energy being sent for both you and your cousin's recoveries, and for your other situation. Thanks for reminding me that I need to check out a possible Firefox issue on a laptop. These computers can wear you out keeping them running right. Stay on the sunny side of the street bro.

A goodly part of my PC trouble's was indeed it's damned mouse!!!
And howinhell was i supposed to know that when you replaced the mouse that you hadda wait for a while until the PC recognized it had a new one???

Good to know age hasn't stopped you from never reading the instructions, Yuh nSuh.:D:D:D

You have my heart.

:thumbup:

Well, I stumbled in here sleepy Sat morning and blew away my friend's post when I tried to reply to it.

No one told me this thing was loaded. I guess I need to watch which way I point it.

Sorry all you who dropped your drinks. Have a round on the house.

I'll go get the broom...

Last edited:
It's embarassing explaining the circumstances leading to an accidental discharge, whether it be to a NRA instructor, a beautiful lady, or a crowd of shocked cantinistas.

Everyone has a quote button at the bottom of posts they can use to reply to posts. Mods also get an edit button right next to it. Somehow I clicked the edit button when I thought I clicked the quote button. Then I deleted most of the text except a tiny part I wanted to quote, wrote in my short reply, and pressed save. It took me a minute to figure out that I had not made a post but instead blown the original away. At that point there is no going back.

Thanks to member 7rip13a for leading me to cached Google content that enabled me to restore the basic text of Yvsa's post. That post took a lot more effort to create than most bladeforums posts.

I guess now I get to see how the reaction at the Cantina compares to that at the gun range and the Ladies Only Saturday Morning Tea Social.

Well I'll be darned. Thats a good trick,7rip13a!
I was sure it was gone.
Thank you for being such a great help! I'm sure Edutsi will really appreciate it.
These mod controls take a bit of getting used to, howard. Ask Jaxx. :eek: :p

Well, I stumbled in here sleepy Sat morning and blew away my friend's post when I tried to reply to it.

No one told me this thing was loaded. I guess I need to watch which way I point it.

Sorry all you who dropped your drinks. Have a round on the house.

I'll go get the broom...

Guess I'll have 4 or 5 or ------ and the doctors and their pain meds be damned!!!! ;)

Dang Howard had I of known the lengths you'd go to too get rid of smileys I wouldn't have used my full allotment of 10, ten. :p :grumpy: ;)

However what I really feel being strange is that you wrote: "Well, I stumbled in here sleepy Sat morning and blew away my friend's post when I tried to reply to it." and in spite of my looking and looking I've yet to find what it was you intended to say when you first replied to my post and then clicked on, - - - -
"Save" instead of "Reply." :rolleyes: :p
And Old Friend I'd really, really, like to know what it was that had you so excited....:thumbup: :cool: :D

I'd also like too thank you And 7rip13a for all the Herculean effort taken to restore it!!!!!!! You're right that it did take a bit of an effort to get all of that typed and posted!!! ;)

`

...and in spite of my looking and looking I've yet to find what it was you intended to say when you first replied to my post and then clicked on, - - - -
"Save" instead of "Reply." :rolleyes: :p
And Old Friend I'd really, really, like to know what it was that had you so excited....:thumbup: :cool: :D`

I got all flustered and forgot to say it. This time I carefully pushed the "quote" button and then looked up to confirm I was in "reply to thread." So here is what I had to say.

It's good to see you here, in rough times or in smooth. I hope you can find perspective and a bit of relaxation here with your friends.

I like your Kokopelli avatar. Are you up to gracing the cantina with a bit of flute playing?

Yvsa, Prayers for a speedy recovery and a resolution for the other problem.
Stick around, we need you.

Take care of yourself!! I'm glad they are helping with some of the stuff. :thumbup:

Very glad to hear from you, even if all the news isn't positive. I'm glad to hear that your arm will be getting better. Also, best wishes for your friend\sister's recovery. If she's as tough as you she'll be okay.

Back