HI Medallion Give Away- (Spring Medallion Passaround Thread)

Well now....Finally a day with out too much moisture...

IS the Ground as wet everywhere else as it is here.... We are about , Oh, 45 or 50 miles NW of NYC, as the crow flies that is, and the ground is simply saturated.

Well DocH I'm sure there are several thousand moisture deprived Okies that are real happy for you! :p ;) However it doesn't seem to matter where one is as when it rains it pours! :(

We've been drier than a popcorn fart in a west Texas wind for way, way, too long now and a state wide fire ban for almost as long.:(
There has been innumerable fires both accidental and the ones set by arsonists for whatever they get out of it.:thumbdn: :mad:
Parts of the state finally got a little rain last weekend and had their fire bans lifted but all it did here was sprinkle a few drops and we're still under the fire ban...
Helluvit is it won't be too long now and it'll probably be worse as summer really gets going. Unless we get some really good spring rains we're liable to have a fire ban all summer long.
It's a good thing our governor made a way for us ndns to still be able to build Sweatlodge Fires!:thumbup: :cool: :D
At least it won't be like last year or the year before when at least one Sweatlodge Fire was put out and totally desecrated by a rural fire department. Sad affair that was.:(

It would sure be nice if the weather could be more evenly spaced so we could all get just what we needed instead of getting inundated with one thing or another... :-(

It would sure be nice if the weather could be more evenly spaced so we could all get just what we needed instead of getting inundated with one thing or another... :-(

It wouldn't be weather then, you know "whether it rains or whether it's dry" and all the weathermen would be out of a job! I tell ya, we need to build a big pipeline across the country, so whoever is getting flooded can pipe the water to whoever's getting parched! Can you imagine if New Orleans could have pumped the little bit of extra moisture they got from Katrina into the Rio Grande?

hurricane.jpg

It wouldn't be weather then, you know "whether it rains or whether it's dry" and all the weathermen would be out of a job! I tell ya, we need to build a big pipeline across the country, so whoever is getting flooded can pipe the water to whoever's getting parched! Can you imagine if New Orleans could have pumped the little bit of extra moisture they got from Katrina into the Rio Grande?

hurricane.jpg

This is why the Government should pass legislation to regulate random butterfly wing flapping!

-And stop plate tectonics!

I believe plate tectonics is driving us farther away from Europe, which might not be a bad idea.

Wow... that picture makes it look like Louisianna and Florida are about to be smoked by one hell of a storm. Is that a current photo? Or a hurricane or some such a few years past?

A long time ago, a hurricane like all hurricanes, washing our sins into the great river, and back out into the gulf.

In honor of Spam, that Saturday morning breakfast Dad always made when Mom slept in.....

I post again

I like SPAM and I don't care what anyone says.

My favorite way to eat it while growing up was "SPAM & Cheese" sammiches:

Pre-cook thinly sliced SPAM. Mom usually did this in a broiler to let some grease drain off.

Slice sharp cheddar (or your favorite-swiss worked well, too) cheese so that you have an equal number of slices to the SPAM.

Lay hot-dog buns open on cookie sheet. Place two slices of cooked SPAM on lower side of bun, and cheese slices on upper side of bun. Toast in oven until cheese starts to melt.

Add condiments if desired, close bun and serve with your choice of sides.

Simple, filling and cheap. :D

We have Spam here on Sunday mornings still. Dad is gone now, but the tradition remains.
Pan fried or broiled with some season salt, or my dry bbq rub. It is also a staple in our "car camping" menu. Easy to fix, the kids like it, and it doesnt need to be refrigerated.
Oh yeah, and the shelf life of a brick.

SPAM rules.
Bacon SPAM for breakfast.
Regular SPAM for lunch.
Hickory Smoked SPAM for supper.

Gotta slice it thin and fry it until crispy at the edges.

Spammiches
Spamburgers
Spam and fried rice w/butter
Makes a great cheap/camp meal.

Back