Hi Yo Silver, Away...

TAH

Gold Member
Just saw this on the big auction site. John Hart's personal Buck 110 Folding Hunter! For all you youngins, John Hart was the interim Lone Ranger during Clayton Moore's contract dispute in the 1950s.

Auction description...

I have been selected by Beryl Hart to auction off John Hart's (her late husband) lifetime collection of memorabilia. Also in this collection is many of John's personal mementos & items. There is something for every level of collector & fan. I will be adding new items every week on Sunday until the collection is gone. John started his lifelong acting career in Hollywood in the 1930s, so there are some really great items to be offered. John starred in many classic movies and serials along with western films such as Rawhide (with Clint Eastwood), The Last of the Mohicans (with Lon Chaney Jr), and The Lone Ranger (with Jay Silverheels)! He also played the Lone Ranger in both a "The Greatest American Hero" & "Happy Days" episode. John starred as the Lone Ranger for the entire 1952 season making 52 episodes which is about 23% of all the Lone Ranger episodes ever produced. I will post a few of his Movie & Television credits below & you can also do an internet search to learn more about John Hart & the characters he portrayed. Here is your chance to get a great collectible, to treasure forever! It also comes with a certificate of authenticity and full lifetime guarantee issued by myself, John Hart's agent. I was John's agent for many years. (You can confirm this fact on many of the Lone Ranger websites, by reading the June 2002 issue of Biography Magazine, or reading any of the fan periodicals such as the Silver Bullet Publication). This is a really neat Historic collectible! Shipping includes robust packing to ensure safe transport.

UP FOR SALE: A VINTAGE BUCK 110 FOLDING KNIFE OWNED BY JOHN HART! RIGHT OUT OF HIS PERSONAL COLLECTION/ESTATE. IT HAS A SINGLE FOLDING BLADE & RICASSO MARKINGS OF "BUCK 110 U.S.A." (with a dot each side of 110 indicating 1974-1980 manufacture). IT IS ABOUT 8 3/4" WHEN OPEN & 4 7/8" CLOSED. WOOD HANDLE WITH 3 BRASS PINS & ONE STEEL. COMPLETE WITH THE ORIGINAL LEATHER BELT SHEATH MARKED "BUCK" ON THE FRONT & "110" ON THE REVERSE. VERY COOL KNIFE! ALSO INCLUDED IS A 3X5 CARD FROM HIS WIFE CONFIRMING THE KNIFE BELONGED TO JOHN & WITH HER AUTOGRAPH TO BOOT! (SHE WAS AN ACTRESS & STARRED IN SOME FILMS SUCH AS HAWKEYE & THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS WITH JOHN), & A USED CHECK THAT IS HAND SIGNED BY JOHN HART WHO PLAYED THE ROLE OF THE LONE RANGER FOR THE 1952 TELEVISION SERIES SEASON. AN ACTUAL HANDSIGNED AUTOGRAPH! I REPEAT, A GENUINE AUTOGRAPH- HAND SIGNED BY JOHN HART, WITH LIFETIME GUARANTEE. COMPLETE WITH A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY & LIFETIME GUARANTEE FOR ALL ISSUED BY MYSELF, (JOHN HART'S AGENT).

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

john_hart_autograph_photo.jpg

Very good. Thanks for posting. Like many of us on this forum, I grew up watching the Lone Ranger and other shows with Hart in them.

Apparently, John Hart was quite the knife collector. I have seen other knives from his estate being sold from time to time. In 2013, there were auctions for his 119 and 121.

Hart did a nice job filling in as the masked man, but for me, Clayton Moore will always be the true Lone Ranger. :thumbup:

claytonrearingsilver.jpg

Actually, there are two stars in that photo. Clayton Moore and Silver. :)

I got a chance to meet Clayton Moore when I was a kid. I was thrilled. I met the Lone Ranger in person!

I met Roy and Dale Rogers at one of these events for kids, too. I still am a fan.

I also met Johnny Weissmuller and he did the Tarzan yell for us. This was at a Montgomery Ward store, of all places.

Back