Hideaway T-claw

I received from Frontsight, a Brock ground Tiger claw model in black.
If your familiar with the Claw and Straight Hideaways, this one is a cross breed. A straight back and swedge, with a concave curved edge. I bought one very soon after seeing it on the website. The first one I got was a Yurco ground Hybrid, and the T-claw has a lot of the same aesthetics, some straight lines some curved lines. This gives it a nice visual balance. Not to mention it is a little intimidating looking.

She's nicknamed this model the Embassy Special, apparently a lot of DoS guys have bought this one.

I can't blame them. If you have ever purchased or handled a Hideaway, you'll know what I'm talking about. It is simply a concept that works well, is designed well and made well. The handle is cord wrapped for a little extra comfort and traction, the draw is flawless. The edge and point are sharp and aggressive. I used a little at work today and was impressed at the "bite" I got in wood, cordage and heavy paper. Not very heavy work, I know, but I do a lot of that kind of light / medium knife usage, so it is a good basis of comparison for me.

I bought a Belt-wrap with this one, and I think this is one of the best deployment options I've ever seen for a small knife. I use Hideaways as my off-hand backups. The Belt-wrap fits very nicely, just the left of my belt buckle, where the tail of my belt can overlap the sheath, keeping the whole system just that much more discrete. This position is PERFECT for a quick grab.

I've been very impressed with this product since it's inception, and they just keep getting better. I KNOW I'm going to end up buying AT LEAST one more. . . . . .

I got this one from the "Available Now" section of the site, and it was shipped out and in my hands VERY quickly. You can't fault FS and helpers on customer service.

Lunumbra

I'm curious, I've heard reports of the belt wrap being a bit noisy in carry (both highly active and relatively passive movement) - what are your thoughts on this? Perhaps they've been redesigned?

I've found using a Bro-clip and slipping the HAK underneath a belt loop works great. Great tool.

I haven't found mine to me noisy at all . . . .

But I work in a pretty noisy environment, it would have to be LOUD to be noticable.

I can't imagine what would cause the noise, the belt wraps are made of leather, no hard plastic or metal parts to rattle, or tap or rustle. . . .

Lunumbra

Justin Swift:
I just got this one and with a HAK, it sags away from the vertical, and it's noisy, as the sheath flops back and forth against the mounts on the wrap. First pic is in vertical orientation:

HPIM0797.JPG

HPIM0798.JPG
Here's the quote from another forum. The second pic shows the extra eyelet-snap for reversing the mount.
Never had any personal experience, hence why I was curious.

Back