High Density Foam target

anyone know were i can get some High Density Foam that would be good to make a target out of?

home depot I would guess.

But I would classify that as cheating, get a cross section of a tree, or use a plank or something.

If you're talking about the interlocking puzzle-piece stuff, walmart has it with the exercise equipment (sporting goods - treadmills etc), Sears has is in the Auto section of the tool area.

That stuff doesn't last long (nothing does, really).

If you're talking about the interlocking puzzle-piece stuff, walmart has it with the exercise equipment (sporting goods - treadmills etc), Sears has is in the Auto section of the tool area.

That stuff doesn't last long (nothing does, really).

I would only use high density foam for very small light knives. And I agree with Darkshadow that is cheating. The knife can stick handle first if thrown hard. And you will have problems diagnoseing problems in technique. But if oyu insist a foam broad head archery target might hold up better and they are pretty cheap for basic models.

the reason i wanted a few ideas on were to get the stuff is for an indoor target the foam reduces bounce back speed and reduces the distance of the bounce back also
so no im not cheatin just tryin to be safer that along with a good backstop and netting on the sides should do it ty for the help

by the way ill be throwing bo shurken they dont tear up targets as fast as knives

Why not drywall then?

Buy a sheet and cut it in 2'x2' squares and stack them so it will be about 4" thick and band them together.

would hold up better and you can still stick what ever your throwing fairly easily.

Back