• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

High-tech classic pocket knives?

It seems to me that nobody is making a high-tech, classic pocket knife . . . and that there might be a market for them. What I have in mind is something like a Schrade Old-Timer but using INFI, D-2, 01, or 440V, combined with cryogenics (sp?) or whatever. Something really top drawer from a performance standpoint.

Much of the time I wear wool slacks, coat, and tie (standard school admin. uniform) and wish the small knife in my pocket was as nice as my hunting/camping blades. Sort of an irrational thing of course; the Schrade is always enough, but I still wish . . .

What say ye? Does anybody think there's a market out there for a top-notch classic pocket knife?

------------------
I don't want my children fed or clothed by the state, but I would prefer THAT to their being educated by the state.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Bill (edited 24 August 1999).]

My wish too. I just picked up an Old Timer Gunstock Trapper I think it's called, a single blade with a lock, and like you mentioned I wish I could have it in D2, CPM-3V, or such. Buck has a nice looking folder in BG42 but it looks a bit bulky, Case has a nice looking one in ATS34 which is ok but it's a 2 blade model which again is a bit bulky.

Bill Davis makes real nice, plain, old-fashioned lockback pocket knives. They are in the $150.00-200.00 range with stag or jigged bone handles/ats-34 steel.

A real fine maker using high tech steel, combined with traditional pocket knife patterns,is Bailey Bradshaw. I have not seen many makers offer a trapper, with 52100 forged blades in this configuration.Pricing is about 1/3 of some of the top makers.
www.bpbradshaw.com

Floyd

Back