1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 7 of the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Laconico Gemini, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at midnight Saturday, Feb 16; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!
    Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Higher carry manix 2 clip?

Discussion in 'STR's Backyard KnifeWorks' started by spyderHS08, Aug 19, 2016.

1. spyderHS08

spyderHS08

Feb 4, 2009
    Hi there,

Was wondering If you have ever made or can make a higher riding pocket clip for a spyderco manix 2, i would like it to ride a bit higher out of the pocket as the stock option barely leaves any knife butt protruding from the pocket (I prefer how the original manix and manix 2 XL are positioned when clipped). This also gives me more pocket room for change, a zippo or smaller unclipped knife, as well as a better grip when removing it from the pocket.

Thanks!

Harry

2. spyderHS08

spyderHS08

Feb 4, 2009
    I really prefer the look of the black stock clip and shape, would it be cheaper or similar in price to just retap the holes for use of the original clip a bit lower on the handle so more of the knife carries above the pocket? Also I only use the stock position of the clip on this knife so would only need one set of holes re tapped/drilled.