Hike with Andy, a few Fletcher Knives, a Fiddleback Machete, a dog, and a daughter...

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
...and a beer.

Andy and I went on a hike today in woods near his house. With us, was his handy dandy outdoorsy daughter, Hannah. Is it Hanah, Hannah, or Hanna? I just realized I've never asked or checked. Also, the big vagina of a dog, Boudreaux came with us. I don't know if I spelled that right either. Looks right. Who cares. Andy had a Fiddleback Forge somethin-r-other in his pocket and he was trying out his new Bush Operator from Fletcher Knives LLC today... which of course is the highlight of this thread. :D I had my new Bush Operator XL and a Fiddleback Forge 12" machete with me. Also had my ZT301 hanging around.

Here's Andy spotting some fatwood.

hike-002.jpg

and Hannah showing us a good example of a walking stick and how to pose with puppies.

hike-003.jpg

hike-004.jpg

Here Andy and I are freeing the fatwood of it's Earthly prison with the FBF 12" machete. He started to chop at it and it looked like fun so I had to remind him that that was my machete and my mom said that only I could play with it.

hike-006.jpg

hike-010.jpg

Ready for a swift kick...

hike-011.jpg

hike-013.jpg

Now splitting it to get to the good stuff.

hike-016.jpg

hike-017.jpg

Here are some beauty shot of the Bush Operator with Andy's Maxpedition.

hike-020.jpg

hike-021.jpg

Andy was eager to get the Bush Op dirty so he started batonning it through some fatwood.

hike-022.jpg

hike-023.jpg

hike-024.jpg

hike-026.jpg

By the way, that a Fiddleback Forge leather sheath, so don't ask for me to make one.

Here is how NOT to carry your fatwood spear if you want to avoid brain injury in the event of a slip and fall.

hike-029.jpg

Family photo. It was good to see Hannah wanting to stomp through the woods with us.

hike-030.jpg

Here is a resin ball that Andy dug out of a giant pine scar. This stuff is pretty much napalm.

hike-031.jpg

hike-032.jpg

Andy testing out the Bush Op on some fuzz stickness.

hike-034.jpg

The Bush Operator XL trimming down another fatwood chunk to reveal the crystalized goodness.

hike-035.jpg

woddsbummin around...

hike-037.jpg

Yes this is a Hallmark card photo...

hike-042.jpg

Here we are, having arrived at the edge of the ole' Chattahooch.

hike-043.jpg

and me face-raping Boudreaux...

hike-044.jpg

Trying to brush the fur off... no use.

hike-045.jpg

Here goes Andy, showing again a "what not to do", walking his brave yet goofy ass out onto some fallen trees into the Hooch.

hike-046.jpg

hike-049.jpg

hike-051.jpg

I waited until this point to ask him if his iPhone was in his pocket. His mood suddenly changed in reguards to being that far out over the river. lol.

hike-052.jpg

Washing off some cool rocks that Hannah found and also giving the Bush Operator XL a bath.

hike-056.jpg

hike-057.jpg

By that time it was beer O' clock and the picture taking stopped. ;) Never go on a hike without a cold one. :thumbup:

hike-058.jpg

Time for some abusive testing. DO NOT DO THIS WITH YOUR FLETCHER KNIFE. I'm a professional, and it will void your warranty.

[youtube]oncrhB_PjOk[/youtube]

Now I know why Andy didn't respond to my email, he was out with you having fun. :thumbup: Thanks for the photos. I rather liked that video clip.

great stuff Dylan...:thumbup: looks like a nice day out.. we have gotten dumped on by rain over the past few days, just firgures too, right as we're going to move into our new place..:eek:

It snowed eight inches today.

Damn Utah winter. :thumbdn:

I need to get out BAD!!!

Nice pics, brother. :thumbup:

Great pics bro, rather see a kid out in the woods than in front of a tv any day :thumbup:

Awesome thread!! :thumbup::thumbup: I have two teenage daughters (19/16) and we have spent countless hours in the woods together. As they get older they get much busier but they still get out camping with me as much as possible. Great stuff!! Thanks for the pix!!

Great pics Bro :thumbup: Looks like I left too soon :grumpy:;)

Looking forward to getting my own Bush OP!

I've got a permanent tick in my left eye from watching you hurl that BO into that tree. Thanks for that. :)

Dylan you're a trip brother! Good stuff guys:thumbup:

Your challenge knife is a helluva thrower also:thumbup:
:cool:

Anybody else look at that picture, and want to move Andy out of the way to drop a jig in there and pull up a nice river Small mouth??

Dylan those bush operators look great. Right now I am the most jealous guy in the world for two reasons, first of I love those bush operators and want one of each and with the weather you guys enjoy. In Regina its -29 C (-20 F) with the wind chill its -43 C (-45 F) and we have "enjoyed" the most snow fall since 1976.

Great report. I'm always so jealous when I see how much wilderness there is in the States. The Chattahoochee looks "trouty" in the reaches where you're at. Or is it bass that are predominant?

Last edited:
Great report. I'm always so jealous when I see how much wilderness there is the States. The Chattahoochee looks "trouty" in the reaches where you're at. Or is it bass that are predominant?

There are some monster trout (for Georgia) in that river :thumbup: Browns and Rainbows

Beyond providing an enormous amount of opportunity, the Chattahoochee produces some of the biggest trout in Georgia. In fact, it produced the biggest on record. In November 2001, the tailwater portion produced the current state-record brown trout (18 pounds, 6.72 ounces), and Chattahoochee regulars know that there are a fair number of holdover trout up to about 20 inches in the tailwater.

Last edited:
I won't disclose where that spot is, but in addition to being a pretty spot, it's also right downstream from a big ass trout farm. :D

It does my old, gray heart good to see the two of you, Hannah, and Boudreaux out there ... enjoying nature.:)

Oh. The knives were pretty nice, too.:D

Dylan you're a trip brother! Good stuff guys:thumbup:

Your challenge knife is a helluva thrower also:thumbup:
:cool:

Anybody else look at that picture, and want to move Andy out of the way to drop a jig in there and pull up a nice river Small mouth??

Great report. I'm always so jealous when I see how much wilderness there is in the States. The Chattahoochee looks "trouty" in the reaches where you're at. Or is it bass that are predominant?

That river, at that spot, is so thick with trout that Dylan and I could have limited out in an hour or less if we'd have had the time. Sick fishing there and only a half hour walk from my house.

Back