Hiking Buddy love

Just got home & opened the Buckeye Burl Hiking Buddy that I sharked a couple FF's ago.

Just.....wow. I've seen a couple HB's before, but this is my first one. The rounded contours of the handle, subtle curves, just fit my hand like no other knife I've owned. Hard to pick a favorite Fiddleback, but right now this is it! The buckeye is so beautiful you would think it's one of those photo prints if you didn't know better. No wonder the Hiking Buddy is so popular.
Thanks to all the gang at Fiddleback Forge for making such a beautiful piece of functional art!

Oh, & edited to say, let's see your beautiful Hiking Buddies!

Last edited:
That is one superb Hiking Buddy! Love the Buckeye.
The HB is one of my favorite Fiddleback models. It really is one of the great, multi-purpose profiles in the line up. As you've mentioned, it melts into my palm as well.
At one point I owned six. I'm down to four at the moment.
Here are my fav's. Pic taken about a year ago. (Sorry for the same ole' back drop Phil ;))
The fourth is in one of my backpacks.

DSC00702-vi.jpg

The Hiking Buddy was my first Fiddleback. Now I have a couple of those and numerous other models. You're right, it's hard to pick a favorite but the Hiking Buddy is definitely one of them. Yours is a beauty!

Last edited:
The Hiking Buddy is deffinetly one of my favorite Fiddleback models as well. I currently have three different examples. I also have a Bushraptor, which I kind of consider a Hiking Buddy since the handle profile is the same.

That is one superb Hiking Buddy! Love the Buckeye.
The HB is one of my favorite Fiddleback models. It really is one of the great, multi-purpose profiles in the line up. As you've mentioned, it melts into my palm as well.
At one point I owned six. I'm down to four at the moment.
Here are my fav's. Pic taken about a year ago. (Sorry for the same ole' back drop Phil ;))
The fourth is in one of my backpacks.

DSC00702-vi.jpg

Those are some beauties! Is it just perspective that make them look to be 3 different sizes?

Nice 'Buddy! I'm still waiting for the right one in 3/32 to show up, but it's definitely an awesome model!

I gave my GF a production regrind that's quite nice as well. She likes the extra grip of the textured micarta.

It's because the log is tilted. Really funny and interesting photo trick.

The hiking buddy is a must have in your collection or rotation. All five of us have one.

Back