HIKV Claims Another Victim

I had a birthday recently . . . don't ask which one, but I'm proud of it and it was enough of an achievement the gang at work took up a collection and got me my first full sized Khukuri. Originally, I thought I was going to have to wait until July, but the snow gods smiled on me and one came in early allowing Yangdu to pick a real nice one for me.

I just finished unwrapping an 18 inch Sirupati with a horn handle; what a beauty! Thank you, Yangdu, for bringing this in early and a big public thank you to all my co-workers. I can't wipe the smile off my face and I still have two hours before I can go home and clean my prize up; still has some shipping oil on the blade. Photos will have to wait until it's prettied up a bit.

Right after it came in, I cleared out a back room and two co-workers watched me unwrap the Sirupati. The balance for the piece is beautiful and the grip feels like iit was made for my hand. I'm going to try to identify the kami from the markings on the blade; until I can name him, Nice Work! My compliments to the craftsman who put the sheath together too.

Now, if I can acquire an M43 . . .

PS
It is probably in an FAQ or another thread, but what do you use to preserve a horn handle?

Congrats on having fellow workers that know what to get someone for their birthday (break a large pocket knife out at my last gig, and people freaked out)...now prepare to break into the piggybank before the HI rash hits, it's a hard habit once you're into it.

Just wondering how you got the crew at work to pitch in for a kukri??????????? That is one angle I have yet to explore!

Karda, is that avatar bragging or a warning? :)

PghMitchS

I'm sorry. The number of HIKV survivors are almost nil whenever it strikes.
Instead keep rockin...You know you want to!

Welcome to the Khukuri-dom!

Just wondering how you got the crew at work to pitch in for a kukri??????????? That is one angle I have yet to explore!

Karda, is that avatar bragging or a warning? :)
Thats easy, you just mention to somebody that if you don't get a khukuri for your birthday, everybodies fired! :thumbup: As for my avie, bill.....it's neither. It's just me takin' a lil' swim to virginy to show you my new khuk. :thumbup: ;):D

Happy Birthday!!!
Welcome to the HI and forum

Back