1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Himalayan Imports Cantina Group on Facebook...

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by George Azar, Jan 17, 2019.

1. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Hello all! I really want to encourage everyone to join the HI groups on Facebook. I’ve joined for several weeks now.
    On the cantina group while I was talking to the person through HI, to my surprise the person I was talking to was Al!

I was thrilled to meet him!!

For those who don’t know who I’m talking about, Al is “Karda”!!
    Karda is the person that shared a world of information on the forum!
    Bawanna, I hope I’m not crossing the line because I’m advertising for those on the forum to join on Facebook. Trying to expand HI!

If you want to ask questions and become acquainted with Karda, join the group!

Good night all!!

Don’t ground me Mr Joe!!:mad:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Night Rider likes this.
  2. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Promoting HI is a good thing, you get a gold star. But the day ain't over yet. Watch it.

3. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    o_O

4. joeraz

joeraz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    That is good news finding Karda! When I discovered BladeForums and HI he was still posting, and I also enjoyed the knowledge he shared on earlier threads.

Personally I'd prefer having Facebook as public 'coverpage' directing new people to BladeForums with the depth of HI history already established. Between work & personal emails, and every app that won't work until you sign in, there isn't enough time keeping up with conversations in multiple locations (that's why I lurk constantly but rarely post).

Also searching for HI page on Facebook, I went to 2 other companies named "...Himalayan Imports..." before locating our family.

George Azar likes this.
  5. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    I’m not sure if Karda is on the regular HI page but he’s on the HI Cantina Group page.
    The cantina group page is to converse back and forth an share like on the forum!!

6. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    He is on the regular page, he created it. It's his baby,

ajim1942 and George Azar like this.
  7. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    He created it? Don't believe Mrs. Martino has spoke about such a beastie. Something does not taste right here to me.

8. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    I talked to her yesterday. I made a first time sell for a friend because of that Facebook page and I mentioned Karda to her. She said he was a good friend and helped her quit a bit.

SkipJunkie likes this.
  9. Amko

Amko

Jun 15, 2017
    So why was he banned? What gives?

10. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    The only thing I know is there were some issues with blade forum not HI.

11. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Everyone warm welcome to the HI Facebook!

SkipJunkie and George Azar like this.
  12. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    "Enquiring minds want to know"

13. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I suggest visiting the Facebook forum and asking him. It was between him and the somebodies on bladeforums.
    Probably on a need to know basis and us nobodies apparently don't need to know.
    I know HI, myself and others tried to save him but again nobodies don't have a lot of pull.
    I know this to be true, I've been a nobody all my life.

George Azar likes this.
  14. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017

15. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Me Joe, on the forum you’re not a nobody! You are the one, and only....describing unique in nature and character, and only, ie. Meaning no one can take your place...BAWANNA!!!
    We on the forum very much appreciate you and look forward to hearing from you!!

16. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Would you like to hear my interpretation of Moon River on the bong drums? Turn up your sound.

Thank you kindly for the kind words.... let me know on the Moon River thing.

To further clarify HI has made me feel appreciated and almost like a somebody. I consider Yangdu and her family some of my closest friends.
    Bladeforums is of course quite huge, mega huge.

There I'm a tiny drop of water in a very large ocean. That's why knife lovers love Bladeforum.

17. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Multi talented huh? You cease not to amaze us all Mr Joe!
    Why not!

ajim1942 likes this.
  18. SkipJunkie

SkipJunkie

Jul 16, 2018
    So what Kukri did "Hulk" end up getting ? LoL

19. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    03F838AE-DE08-4CAD-8399-0AB14526BD5E.jpeg He got this 19.5” CAK. He loves it!

20. SkipJunkie

SkipJunkie

Jul 16, 2018
    Wow , he picked a beauty . Now that's the unbreakable Kukri is it not ?