1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hinderer Slipjoint debut video

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by wazu013, Feb 26, 2017.

1. wazu013

wazu013 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    [video=youtube;u2wTHFKwC7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2wTHFKwC7Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    [video=youtube;KpByrIIzFlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=KpByrIIzFlg&app=desktop[/video]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Looks good, I like the idea.

3. Dangerously

Dangerously Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Innovative! I will look forward to reviews. Looks a little stout for a non locking blade, but I like the idea.

4. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    I wonder how well that thump disc in the middle of the blade will work when cutting an apple .

5. stuff_things

stuff_things Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I like it! I won't like the price though :p

Thanks for sharing this news. I had no idea.

6. lead slinger

lead slinger

Mar 8, 2015
    For those who prefer pure traditional, it is removable and leaves an oversized thumb nick in its place.

7. Etna

Etna

Jun 17, 2015
    Ditto. :p

I would say we are long overdue on modern looking slipjoints. i would pay money for a slipjoint variant of many <$30 modern production knives. Unfortunatly, the only brand I know of that does such knives without making us break the bank is SanRenMu with its dual bearing detent folders.

8. brandoak

brandoak

Aug 1, 2015
    Somethings off about this guy. Every time I see and hear him talk my spidie sences are tripped.....:suspicion:

9. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    can't wait to see the price tag and laugh a bit.

10. brandoak

brandoak

Aug 1, 2015
    A+
    We need a "Like" button on this forum.

on the bright side, he may offer a $190 toothpick attachment for this knife ......:rolleyes:

11. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    If you remove the toothpick attachment from the knife warranty will be void!

12. brandoak

brandoak

Aug 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

13. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    Although I am not generally a slip joint fan, I do like that one.

14. popedandy

popedandy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2006
    I'm looking forward to it. It's cool to see someone like Rick turning out a slipjoint.

15. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    He's a reptilian!

Jk jk

16. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Awwww I was expecting smaller "shadow pattern" slippie or what ever the young kids these days hobby. :D

17. Eric@DLT

[email protected]

Mar 30, 2015
    The price was said to be under $300.

18. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2007
    This is going to send the "spine whack" fanatics into a YouTube frenzy! :D:D

19. brancron

brancron Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    At first glance, the blade stock looks way too thick, and the spring looks really weak.

20. Stays Sharp

Stays Sharp

Nov 21, 2013
    Do you have to be a certain class of people to buy one direct?