Hinderers don't flip? HAH.

I realize tri-way Hinderers almost completely dispelled the notion that Hinderers don't flip, but in order to prove a point, here's a non-tri-way Gen 1 Half-track running stock teflon, completely unmodified, untouched, and without even being disassembled or tuned:

So, yeah, next time you hear teflon sucks (potential longevity issues aside) or Hinderers don't flip well, remember this vid :)

Great video! Nice to see more women involved in the hobby!
Most of my Hinderers have to be tuned just right to make them flip right. I like the purple one. :)

impressive video...
That's funny, mine (finally) came back from the warranty center with a note that said -- "We refuse to warranty anything without $$$ and THEN we will send it to the wrong return address" :confused:

I had a xm-18 3.5" flipper that would flip halfway out...at best.
It did manage to come open in my pocket twice before I got rid of it.

I had a xm-18 3.5" flipper that would flip halfway out...at best.
It did manage to come open in my pocket twice before I got rid of it.

Gen 1?
I don’t think they’ve had issues with weak detents for the last 2 generations.
If anything, it’s a tad too strong on some newer knives.

Flipping started to get easier in the middle of Gen 4 XM18s. I have a couple of early Gen 4 that are a PITA. Nothing to do with the washers, you can always adjust for those ... it's the detent that improved. That being said, any decent size hinderer I've had (XM24 :), including some old ones), flips just fine, the weight of the blade helps.

Back