HK knife

O

Ogre

If one was to go to the following link:

http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/Media/knives.jpg

They will see a Benchmade AFCK with a Tanto Blade.

?!

Does anyone know of this knife? Anyone HAVE one? What is up with this? A Tanto bladed Spyderco-hold Benchmade.
I have tried to get information from the source on this - but they dont respond.
Bottom line - HOW MUCH and FROM WHO?

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!

Just watch the for sale forums and/or list it in the wanted section. They've been out of production for over a year, but do not get sucked in to their claim of "collector value", as they are neither collectable nor do they have much value over any other BM.

This is weird! I also have been trying to find this knife for about 3 years now. Hopefully a response will come soon.

If they are a limited production - and they were - or they would be all over like the AFCK, and if they are out of production...
and if your an HK fan:
Then THEY ARE COLLECTIBLE AND HAVE ADDITIONAL VALUE.

Supply and demand.

I am just looking for the supply right now before I demand it.

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!

I never saw the AFCK tanto HK knife. I did see plenty of the emerson HK knives though.

H&K had BM do the original Tanto, actually an Emerson-designed BM970, as a collateral item for their USP pistol. "Collateral item" is sales/marketing speak for "tradeshow souvenir." Sort of like when you go to an auto show and the kind lady at the GM booth gives you a cheap little keychain with the GM logo on it, and the fellow at the Ford booth gives you a barely functional ballpoint pen with the Ford logo silkscreened on it.

Wow, a $150 BM 970BT as a tradeshow give-away! That's quite a sales trinket, eh?

Well, keep in mind that while H&K sells the odd piece to individual civilians, their REAL customers have titles like "General", "Mr. President," and even "Your Majesty." These customers arrive with shopping lists like: 1000 MSG90s with, of course, the telescopic sight, 1000 PSG1 fitted with night-vision scopes please, a couple hundred HK21Es with accessories, five thousand MP5s in 9mm with the Navy trigger group, oh, and send over a truck-load or two of those nifty USP pistols. So, a $150 knife isn't an unreasonable tradeshow trinket at all.

However, H&K was so please with the knife, and who wouldn't be?, that they began selling it as part of a packaged set with the USP. Sort of like those cheese and sausage gift sets one so often receives at Christmas, only for a slightly less politically-correct audience. The response was so positive that H&K began offering the knife alone too, for those of us who don't qualify for the sorts of tradeshows the knife was originally intended for.

Anyway, when BM discontinued the 970, H&K moved to the AFCK (an excellent choice). However, I was not aware that it had that odd looking sort of tanto blade. I wonder if that's just an artifact of it being a digital picture. Sometimes digital pictures make curves look straight. It also has a sort of a "computer rendered" look to it. I wonder if this is not an actual picture but rather an "artist's rendition" before the actual knife was made?

The little Spyderco with the skeletonized blade is something Spyderco will do for anyone who'll order a couple hundred. It's done with a laser, so set-up is minimal. The result is quite attractive, though, don't you think?

H&K is notoriously slow for responding to customer questions. They'll get back to you eventually. In the mean time, ask your local dealer. Just remember that H&K doesn't treat them much better than they treat you.

Remember, you're on line one calling about one knife. Your dealer is on line two wanting four knives and six guns. Sheik so-and-so is holding on line three. Guess who gets answered first?

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing! http://www.4cs.net/~gollnick

[This message has been edited by Gollnick (edited 18 September 1999).]

Chris DeGeorge has one or more for ssale in "Knives for sale: Dealers" at $134.99. I'm sorry, but I don't do addresses well.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

Emerson Knives also has a HK knife, made for the International Training Division, and from what I hear, another company will be offering a HK logo'ed knife in the near future.

And no, it's not the same company that's offering the futuristic looking grey ones that we saw on the forums....

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Spark, the knife you mention, is it the one from Boker?? The knife is available in Europe already, Toolshop have them. The respond I got from Boker-usa tells me it should be available in usa in late 1999! and Boker(Germany) tells me to ask Heckler & Koch!
Info from Toolshop Website--The blades are made of X-15-Morinox steel(the same steel is use on HK USP barrels), and handle are made of glassfiber reinforced polyamide(the one use on HK guns). http://www.tool-shop.com/knives/boeker/hk2.html

Back