Photos Hog Badger is Here!

It's... Uh.. Umm.. Well.. Small? The handle is actually relatively thin.

Can't upload pics for some reason I'll try again tomorrow.

I guess I shouldnt say small. It definitely doesn't have the heft or girth as the cpk HDFK. But more like a infimandu. This could be.a bushcraft blade but with skinny handles. Idk, right now I have the feeling you'll see a lot of them on the exchange.

Last edited:
It's... Uh.. Umm.. Well.. Small? The handle is actually relatively thin.

Can't upload pics for some reason I'll try again tomorrow.

I guess I shouldnt say small. It definitely doesn't have the heft or girth as the cpk HDFK. But more like a infimandu. This could be.a bushcraft blade but with skinny handles. Idk, right now I have the feeling you'll see a lot of them on the exchange.
Is yours a satin blade? Curious if the satin blades will be thinner than CG and BG blades. I know I like the feel of the handle on my standard Ratmandu way better than the satin INFIDU that I used to have.

KCVZuii.jpg

I'm normally not picky about these things but for a $450 knife these grinds aren't even close. No way I'd let this leave the shop like this. Especially after the customer waited 7 months. People send back $100 factory knives for these things

Luke The Spook - it looks like int he first spine shot the grinds are even (assuming you are meaning the spine after the handle), and then the second picture not so much, although hard to tell with lighting and angle....

Is that what you are referring to? Just trying to key in on where to look...

C

Luke The Spook - it looks like int he first spine shot the grinds are even (assuming you are meaning the spine after the handle), and then the second picture not so much, although hard to tell with lighting and angle....

Is that what you are referring to? Just trying to key in on where to look...

C

Yeah they are pretty uneven Up close. I Guess I shouldn’t complain because it’s not a functional issue. I think the hog badger is just a victim of its own hype. I had too high expectations. It’s not a bad knife just doesn’t hit the spot for me compared to what I’ve been buying lately (for a lot less money)

Yeah they are pretty uneven Up close. I Guess I shouldn’t complain because it’s not a functional issue. I think the hog badger is just a victim of its own hype. I had too high expectations. It’s not a bad knife just doesn’t hit the spot for me compared to what I’ve been buying lately (for a lot less money)
You should've called the shop. A couple months ago I had a cosmetic issue with a new blade and the shop handled it. Emailed a prepaid shipping label, so it didn't cost me anything either.

What's the tip on this model? Pointy and delicate or rather robust? Looking at the pics of the Hog Badger with orange G10 handle I get a strange feeling that the tip one this knife is...rounded (blunted?). I hope it's just some perspective distortion - especially since I have a Hog badger on order.

Last edited:

As Clamp said, the Busse reputation for customer service has always hit the mark for me, and, just like anything, it is so hard to really know what you are going to get until you have it in hand, despite specs, etc - the comparison shots help although that is always afetr the fact..helps when purchasing off the exchange. Buying with pictures alone leaves that room for expectation vs reality to kick in. It has happened to me, too! Good thing there is such a high demand for these new knives, and you should be able to make your money back selling at your total cost with shipping. Some of these new knives even get picked off with a decent mark up. I will be interested to see how I like the HB's!

I know you know your Busses and you knives, so not telling you anything you don't already know.

There are certain expectations that come with expensive knives, even when they have the best warranty in the business and a customer-first attitude to fix any issues.

I have a few I will be sending back for various semi-minor reasons, and I am sure I will not be disappointed.

All the best bub!

C

I definitely need one of these. I’m on the wait list for two, but who knows.

What's the tip on this model? Pointy and delicate or rather robust? Looking at the pics of the Hog Badger with orange G10 handle I get a strange feeling that the tip one this knife is...rounded (blunted?). I hope it's just some perspective distortion - especially since I have a Hog badger on order.
Its not rounded. However I did notice that it is slightly asymmetrical where it begins to taper into the point. In other words, one side of the blade begins to get pointy before the other side. Not by a lot or anything and it is pointy.

I want to propose a question to sample some opinions - I've been looking at Crosiers' blade and went back to the original posts to try and understand what I should be seeing in a photo so I know what to expect. Look at these and if you have any thoughts comparing them, I'd be interested to know.
Something in me says, if I see Crosiers blade back on November 1, I'm in - Now I know how some of you all have felt over certain things in the same way, I'm gettin it :D

View attachment 934743
View attachment 934745

That's right Bossman, you read correctly!:thumbsup:
For the small price of one early prototype of each model, I can take pics that result in more sales!:eek::D

Leo, I'm curious what you find different about the two pics that would make you in on one if you saw my pic?
For me it's the lighting. I think the darker lighting in the stock pic make the belly of the blade look fuller and that was actually the reason I got in. So I guess I kinda feel opposite. Maybe if I saw my pic I would have held off because like myself and LuketheSpook said, its kinda a bigger INFIdu. I was counting on something a little closer to an ASH or SFNO, belly wise.

Back