Holiday season special deals for 12/18

Cooped up in foul weather today, I figured, what would it hurt to see if I could combine shipping on 2 knives. So I fired off an email.

Well, my Neem wood AKB shipped yesterday and I'm just waiting to find out the shipping charge on my 3rd AKB. I think I might be hooked.
I know how much you’re hooked on the AKB so I thought I’d tell you I commissioned 2 AKB’s made by Kumar who has been with them possibly the longest at this point. I ordered a 20-21” and a 17-18” AKB. If you’re interested you might want to contact Ms Yangdu so we can receive them at the same time! I’ve always wanted those 2 lengths and finally pulled the trigger! Go for it!!

I know how much you’re hooked on the AKB so I thought I’d tell you I commissioned 2 AKB’s made by Kumar who has been with them possibly the longest at this point. I ordered a 20-21” and a 17-18” AKB. If you’re interested you might want to contact Ms Yangdu so we can receive them at the same time! I’ve always wanted those 2 lengths and finally pulled the trigger! Go for it!!
You know what, George? I'm going to do that! Thank you very much for the heads up, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

What handle materials are available? I've seen lots of nice stuff on HI blades.

Edit to ask: Is a deposit of any kind required?

Last edited:
You know what, George? I'm going to do that! Thank you very much for the heads up, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

What handle materials are available? I've seen lots of nice stuff on HI blades.

Edit to ask: Is a deposit of any kind required?
There are no deposits necessary. I left the handle material totally to Kumar. What’s been tradition in those lengths have been horn. Vim kami made some awesome ones for Ndog and there’s another formite that had a 21” I regret not buying from him but trying to makeup for it now! Get what you want as these are 1 of a kind as I’ve seen the last 2 and 1/2 yrs I’ve been on here!

Alrighty, I got the Deal Done on my 3rd AKB! Stoked!

I'll shoot Ms. Yangdu an email next week to get in on that 21" custom AKB order. :thumbsup:

Well I emailed Ms. Yangdu about a Micro Mini Bowie. Now I'm getting one of these things too!

I guess some joker from around these parts named "Joe" did the checkering on the handle and it's supposed to be quite the work of art. :D

I think you'll like it, it was a good one as I recall.
I'm excited to get it. Oak must have been a challenge to checker!

I usually don't buy knives "sight unseen" but I have been lurking around this subforum long enough to know that HI is a company that takes care of its customers. :thumbsup:

I don't recall any oak, she say it was oak? Sometimes I struggle to remember some of these handles. Been a few.

I don't recall any oak, she say it was oak? Sometimes I struggle to remember some of these handles. Been a few.
She did specifically say oak.

I'm not hung up on wood type with these knives really so anything that looks and feels nice will be great.

It's probably similar in style to the one she just posted a couple minutes ago. No exposed tang on the end, I really liked it. Many of these that I rehandled I covered up the tang like this.
Tempted to grab the one she just posted, but don't really need it. I just like em.

Just noticed this post. My ears were burnin. Yep I think youll like the checkering. He does a fantastic job on them! Ive got a bunch of AKB's and im thinking there is no wrong size. They all have much the same feel. They beg to chop. My largest is a 18.5-19" made by Vim I was thinking it was 20" but its not quite there. There is a 20" somewhere here but I dont remember who has it. It went up for sale a while back but I didnt have the funds at the time so I had to pass on it. I have several in the mid range size made by Bura, Sanu, and various other Kamis. The MicroAKB is a great choice. Prolly my favorite EDC!

Just noticed this post. My ears were burnin. Yep I think youll like the checkering. He does a fantastic job on them! Ive got a bunch of AKB's and im thinking there is no wrong size. They all have much the same feel. They beg to chop. My largest is a 18.5-19" made by Vim I was thinking it was 20" but its not quite there. There is a 20" somewhere here but I dont remember who has it. It went up for sale a while back but I didnt have the funds at the time so I had to pass on it. I have several in the mid range size made by Bura, Sanu, and various other Kamis. The MicroAKB is a great choice. Prolly my favorite EDC!
I just sent an email to Ms Yangdu suggesting her having several made such as 17-18” and 20-22”!
There seems to be a real interest for larger sizes from different people I’ve communicated with!
It was just a suggestion I had for her and don’t think she would go wrong doing so!
Danny, your collection is what set the fire under me!

I just sent an email to Ms Yangdu suggesting her having several made such as 17-18” and 20-22”!
There seems to be a real interest for larger sizes from different people I’ve communicated with!
It was just a suggestion I had for her and don’t think she would go wrong doing so!
Danny, your collection is what set the fire under me!
I got the Neem wood AKB and have pretty much just been admiring it ever since. A top notch blade and a real bargain. They take up a lot of room on the coffee table but I can cope. :)

I will add my voice to the "bigger AKB, please" chorus here! :thumbsup:

Ok so I just received a response about some soon coming knives for sale! Ms Yangdu agreed the larger sized AKB’s would be a good idea and would pass the info to the Kumar group and would try to get some made in the next month!
I’d ask those that are interested to give a Big “Here Here!”
This way she would get a show of hands for those interested.
Thank you for your help!
George

Ok so I just received a response about some soon coming knives for sale! Ms Yangdu agreed the larger sized AKB’s would be a good idea and would pass the info to the Kumar group and would try to get some made in the next month!
Thank you for your help!
George
I haven't yet, but will soon! :thumbsup:

I just asked about Seax knives and was told that more should be getting made this month.

Thank you for your help!
George

I am interested. Think an e-mail would suffice?

Yes an email would help greatly. It would just reinforce there are others that would want larger AKB’s! Thanks
Alrighty, George, I got that email all sent. :)

I expressed an interest in the non recurved blade profile like on my 1st horn handled AKB.

Back