1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Holy Hamaguri!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by MarkCid84, Apr 25, 2000.

1. MarkCid84

MarkCid84

Mar 13, 2000
    Just got my new LUM... COOL! [​IMG]

------------------
    Mark, Isiah 40:31 They that wait on the LORD shall mount up with wings as eagles...

2. Ferret

Ferret

Jan 20, 2000
    I am so over waiting for mine [​IMG]

3. MarkCid84

MarkCid84

Mar 13, 2000
    Now that i've got mine, It's easy to say, "It's worth the wait" & "Good things come to those who wait"
    WHERE IS MY GUNTING?!?

------------------
    Mark, Isiah 40:31 They that wait on the LORD shall mount up with wings as eagles...

4. Ferret

Ferret

Jan 20, 2000
    Mine arrived today, ALRIIIGHT!! [​IMG]
    One sweeet knife, a beautiful grind compensating for a stiff liner lock. Now where is MY Gunting??

5. Knave

Knave

Dec 29, 1999
    Congratulations, Ferret. [​IMG] Now your Lum needs a companion. Mine was lonely so I acquired an SOG Vision. They make a beautiful couple. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to see the psychiatrist...

6. Ferret

Ferret

Jan 20, 2000
    I think I need a lie down on the couch also - I have a part serrated on its way [​IMG]

7. LanceA

LanceA

Apr 10, 1999
    I just got back from the Solvang Custom where I spoke with Bob. I have one of his early Tanto's, and it needs a minor fix for the tip, so I was discussing arrangements to ship to him for repair. At the same time, he broke out one of the c46 folders, and I just had to have it. Bob was also kind enough to autograph the Spyderco box for me. Unfortunately he had sold out of the new Lum/Spyderco collab. so I couldn't get a matching set.
    One quick question though, does anybody else have serial #'s on theirs?

Lance

8. MarkCid84

MarkCid84

Mar 13, 2000
    FWIW, Mine's #445,

------------------

9. Brian_Turner

Brian_Turner

May 13, 1999
    Lance -

Are you saying he had production copies of the Chinese folders with him?

Yahoo!

------------------
    AKTI Member #A000832

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, the bear eats you."

10. LanceA

LanceA

Apr 10, 1999
    Brian- Yes, he told me that Spyderco will pull a certain # of the knives out of the line, and send them to him. As I said, unfortunately, he had just sold the last of the new collabs when I passed his table. He didn't have this one out until the third time I stopped at his table, and it lasted about 10 seconds until I found out it was available.

Lance

11. Pleconin

Pleconin

Feb 27, 1999
    I'm glad you all liked it. My Lum has left me sort of bummed. I can't seem to get over it's lack of side to side symmetry. I love the blade shape though. I have decided to keep it and experiment on it with my new Dremel. I hope a little personalization will overcome my reservations.

12. LanceA

LanceA

Apr 10, 1999
    Just got bit by my Lum. I was wiping white lightning on the pivot and blade for protection, and took the tip of my finger off. This is the first time I have done this, and the knife is so sharp that I felt the penetration, but no pain. Even now just moments later there is no pain. DUH!.

Lance

13. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Lance

Sorry 'bout that.

sal