Holy moley high hardness kitchen knives!!!

Cobalt

Gold Member
sounds like particle metalurgy like CPM, but no info on the steel at all so who knows. If it was cpm you would think they would say it as it would be a selling point.

Cobalt said:
sounds like particle metalurgy like CPM, but no info on the steel at all so who knows. If it was cpm you would think they would say it as it would be a selling point.

Actually, the impression that I got was that it was more like the fallkniven SGPS that they use in the U2 (just a guess).

We've had Henckels for years with great results. I have no idea what this new one is...possibly ceramic?

Do yourself a favor and check out the Kai (parent company of Kershaw) SHUN kitchen knives. They are a laminated steel (Damascus?) with a VG10 core. Razor sharp and I have yet to resharpen one. So far, I've bought a 4" paring and 6" utility. The 6" utility is the Alton Brown knife that is at an angle. It allows you to slice and cut without your knuckles scraping the cutting board.

They seem to hold an edge so much better than the Henckels. You can find them online or at any good cooking store.

Tim, had the exact same experience with the Shun [mine, white handled, from agrussell] knives ..They are great so I retired my Henckels.Very impressed with VG10 so I've ordered a Fallkniven S1.