Home on the Range

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey folks, let's see your range! Inside, outside- don't matter; if you like the activity of throwing knives, nail, cards or whatever then you probably have something set up. Might help a brother out to see the types of situations folks have built for themselves.

I spend some time with the saw today, hewed this stump down which is something I've had in mind for years and now I have my range set up. Previously I had a couple rounds mounted to a frame I built. This one here is all built right in!

6LfPC4T.jpg

DfHtCoh.jpg

If you zoom in on this one, that is a riflemans hawk stuck upside down. From where I was standing when I threw it, it it was about 65 feet
MJfDCIn.jpeg

KINNV2T.jpeg

BNQKExc.jpeg

Pin the can throw.

poDf3lY.jpeg

I have some videos but can't upload them, since photo bucket crash, and imgur wont upload video here.

I have a video throwing a Busse FBMLE.

I made a easel that held a 36 x 36 target that worked really well. Its an old post I did with photos. I'll see if can move the photos.

Wow! That stump is much bigger than it looked in your first post

me and my kid took a throwing axe course with a local blacksmith. I've always been more into throwing knives, but man this thing is fun to throw!

IMG_9070.jpeg
This is my new setup, it goes from about chin high to belly button. Been working well for me. I am limited for space but in the colder months might try to mount one of these in my garage. Anyone have an indoor setup to show off?

Back