Homecoming

Impressive collection! There are a few that I'd be interested in, but I'm not in a position to even consider that right now. Am going through a Divorce right now and it stinks! Good luck.

Beautiful knives!

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting out of it alive... twice!

Impressive collection! There are a few that I'd be interested in, but I'm not in a position to even consider that right now. Am going through a Divorce right now and it stinks! Good luck.
Must be something in the water

Congrats Jerry!! Nicely done! I'm still dealing with our divorce and jumping through the legal hoops when all we want is to be not married to each other. So far this year I have come close to dying on three occasions from severe infections in my jaw and in my sinuses thanks to some teeth broken below the gum line that were broken by bats and pipes during fights with gang members in the last four years of my childhood as an orphan on the streets of Dallas back in the 80s. Sometimes I've thought, all things considered, if it weren't for my daughters and grandson I wouldn't bother fighting the infections and just go see what awaits in the next plane of existence.
Sounds like you had some hard times in days past but Never give up brother because that grandson needs a grandad to teach him some tips on Life, you know, the :poop: they don't teach in school and it sounds like you have some valuable life skills and street smarts that need to be past down. I'll always remember my gramps for giving me little jackknifes he would find at flea markets, he loved giving them to me as much as loved receiving them.

Man, sorry to hear that. I really am. As I told a friend recently; This was my 3rd so feel free to hit me up if you need to vent or need any advice/input. Hang in there.

Thanks, and I'm sorry to hear about how things have been going for you. Hang in there! I'm sure your daughters and grandson would want you around for the long haul. Great motivation there!

Sounds like you had some hard times in days past but Never give up brother because that grandson needs a grandad to teach him some tips on Life, you know, the :poop: they don't teach in school and it sounds like you have some valuable life skills and street smarts that need to be past down. I'll always remember my gramps for giving me little jackknifes he would find at flea markets, he loved giving them to me as much as loved receiving them.

Thanks guys. The Congrats part was the only sincere part of that comment. In my head I was going for more of a Colin Fisher (gloom and doom guy assistant on Bones, played by Joel David Moore. Bones was the last TV show I ever watched) sort of sense of humor, but that's hard to pull off in text. I know I can't give up, and I'm not really motivated too give in. But there are other factors as well, that I won't go into here, that do make me wonder what's the point to it all, which actually drives the fairly dark sense of humor I have developed the last couple of years.

Thanks guys. The Congrats part was the only sincere part of that comment. In my head I was going for more of a Colin Fisher (gloom and doom guy assistant on Bones, played by Joel David Moore. Bones was the last TV show I ever watched) sort of sense of humor, but that's hard to pull off in text. I know I can't give up, and I'm not really motivated too give in. But there are other factors as well, that I won't go into here, that do make me wonder what's the point to it all, which actually drives the fairly dark sense of humor I have developed the last couple of years.
takes a strong man to be open with their thoughts/feelings. i’m not very good at it myself. like you, i tend to joke about the tough stuff. and, i also don’t think it’s unusual to at least consider “giving up”. with that said... don’t! never give up. rage against the dying of the light! life is precious. stuff like that... :rolleyes: ;)

sending you (et al) some love from VT, my friend.

Sounds like you've weathered some storms. Be well--beautiful knife collection :thumbsup:

Jerry, I am sad to hear of this mess you've been dealing with. And also, I burst with pride when I see a collection like this one. I can't thank you enough my friend.

Fun question for Andy Fiddleback Fiddleback if he picks it up ...

Given all the Fiddlebacks in this post, I often wonder; Do you remember every knife you make or was there a point where they start to blur after you send them out of the nest?

I remember them Jerry. They are all very farmiliar to me. Certain ones stand out though. Those are the ones that gave me fits, and those that I wanted to keep. You have a lot of those that I wanted to keep because you and I feel the same about blue it seems. There are also ones in your collection that gave me fits at finishing. Sometimes that is in the handle, and sometimes in the grind.

I'll guard the door with my Glock and AR while you guys meet. I've become very good at that the last few days. More details in another thread.

Back