Homemade edge scribe

Here's a nice, inexpensive, homemade edge scribe a fellow forum member built: Scribe
Regards,
Greg

Thanks for sharing this Top Sarge, or is it Gunny? Looks good.
A lot cheaper than a height gauge.:D

Mike

You're welcome guys.

Mike,
The slang is Master Gunny or Top, but Greg works fine now that I'm retired:) ...and thanks for asking.
Semper Fi,
Greg

Greg,
I was told Marines never really retire.
My Grandad served in WW2, we were with the Allies of course.:D
He told me old soldiers never die, they just fade away...;)

take care

Mike

semper fi ripper
and i stick to the fact that im just inactive now waiting for the call back if need be
while i have not had near the time you put in being a Cpl ;)
butch

Mike,
Once a Marine, always a Marine; but they do let you take the pack off now and then.

Butch,
Same to you brother, aways good to know another Marine is onboard.

Regards,
Greg

Ripper said:
Mike,
Once a Marine, always a Marine; but they do let you take the pack off now and then.

Butch,
Same to you brother, aways good to know another Marine is onboard.

Regards,
Greg

Good to see they let you take the pack off Greg.:D :D
There is a hint of a heart in the military then.

South Africa was at war with all her neighbours way back and we all had to do 2 years of service. I did mine 1977-1979. Nothing special, I was just a transport driver so I did a lot of pack-carrying in boot camp but not much after that. I do however very clearly remember carrying my rifle (R-1, 7.62) and 8 full mags EVERWHERE, even to the mess tent and the crapper. I could dis-assemble and reassemble it with my eyes closed, literally. A veteran Sarge set the sights for me in the field one day after he decided that the sights were out. He sat flat on his ass and fired at a Coke can and did the necessary fine tuning to the rear sight with his pocket knife. 3 shots and he had it perfect!!
My "wife" and trusty companion. Darned thing got rust in the barrel when a rain cloud appeared but I loved her!:cool:
The day we finished our 2 years and handed them back I felt very naked and vulnerable for a long time and everytime I left the house I felt like something was missing.......
I have no doubt you understand...:D :D

Mike