1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honey Badger

Discussion in 'AA Forge Knives' started by lmalterna, Mar 30, 2018.

1. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    This model is really growing on me. Can users post up about their experience? Usage?

Thanks,
    Bill

2. AA Forge

AA Forge Custom Knife Maker Moderator

Apr 8, 2010
    Other than the one on the site I've only made one so far, but it won't be the last!

3. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    Adam,
    Could you share your ideas behind the design? Testing uses? It looks obvious for defense and for breaking down a large animal. I am interested in how flexible it is in a bushy or camp role?
    Thanks,
    Bill

4. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    I actually plan to do a full write up about it in the future, but basically I intended it to be a do it all knife. The blade is narrow enough for bushcraft carving tasks, long enough to lightly chop and baton, pointy enough for defense, bellied enough for skinning,,, etc...... Basically it's a do it all field knife that fits in the hand like a glove.

lyco.woodsrunner likes this.
  5. lyco.woodsrunner

lyco.woodsrunner Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Please tell me you will have one or a couple of these on your table at BladeShow!

6. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    I plan to have at least 2!

7. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010

I also plan to have a mid-tec version that comes with a sheath.

8. lyco.woodsrunner

lyco.woodsrunner Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Sweet!!! That design looks about perfect for me. I got my early bird ticket, so I will see you first thing Friday. I think you will do really well there.

9. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    Adam,
    Badger arrived. First impression- I love it. I have wide meaty hands and the grip just does it with nothing extra in a strong hammer grip. Comfortable in several positions. The thumb ramp works on both sides securely. I think 5/32" works just right. I look forward to working it and updating.
    Thanks,
    Bill

10. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    I’m glad you like it and I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you get it out!