Hong Kong student designs of knife

This is the knife that my a student in Hong Kong designs.
The knife body is the 440 cs that the integral whole models to slice to pare and become.
[He takes to incise into this appearance"十"]
Other is all what I help him the completion.
The handle material right and wrong continent black wood.There is still one whole row mosaic that I self-make nailing.Red mat slice.
And the leather sheath of special design.
This is the integral whole to model me to feel at there is certain difficulty on the manufacture.
Serious still really not the advantage reason say.

p6209469to8.jpg

p6209470xb1.jpg

p6209472ye0.jpg

p6209473gs3.jpg

p6209474jd2.jpg

p6209475pd7.jpg

p6209476sr7.jpg

p6209479kg8.jpg

p6209471eo5.jpg

Momo,
That's a very unusual piece.....very well designed and
done. The eccentric mosaic pin and the water in the background
really add a sense of tranqility to the photo.
Thanks.

That clean, 2-step blade-bolster grind is clever and tasteful to my senses, but my conservative mien will have to purchase a taste for all those pins. Overall: a winner.

ken

I think this is a terrific knife. I'd prefer a tapered tang though. the multitude of pins I think take this from a simple hunter to an art knife. When I first saw the photo from an email, I thought there was a stone in the one pin area but now it looks like a hole from one side t the other. A jewel stone would be better I think.

I like it except for the hole in the first pin. I don't see the reason for that. Momo, can you please explain.

Marcel

What a nice little back pocket carry. Today must be beautiful pin day.
This one along with the Dan Farr hunter posted today has great pin layout IMO.

I like it very much. The only thing I'd change is it being in My Hand.

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful knife. I like the flow of the pins. The large one with the hole balances nicely with the rest of them.

Mitch

Very nice! I live in Hong Kong too. If you guys ever want to sell some of your knives, definitely let me know. :) 好靚!~~~

Sharp little package. Especially like how the holes line up. Innovative design.

Look nice , but looks unsafety

村爺,這把刀看起來很有設計感
可是看起來像會滑手
是一體成型結構嗎?

very Nice! I Live In Hong Kong Too. If You Guys Ever Want To Sell Some Of Your Knives, Definitely Let Me Know. :) 好靚!~~~

Momo是台灣屏東人
用網路聯絡唄~^^

Great knife. Sorta has a yin/yang theme with the opposing blade and handle curves. :thumbup:

Jimmy: I can't actually read or write Chinese, but I do speak Cantonese. Sure, let's keep in touch! I looked at Momo's site, so I know he's Taiwanese. His knives really look great.

I understand what you posted because I had a nice young lady translate it for me..hehe

Look nice , but looks unsafety

村爺,這把刀看起來很有設計感
可是看起來像會滑手
是一體成型結構嗎?
別叫"村爺"啦.叫momo就好.
它上下都有止滑凹槽所以倒是還好啦.
是一體成型切削而成結構沒錯.

I'm the 'HK student',& thanks for the comments.
When I was sketching this knife, I hadn't think about yin/yang, but I use the same cruves for the blade & handle to get the well balance (However, the most important issue about yin/yang is balance). And there were only 2 pins in the original design. Then when the Master Momo showed me his large amount of Mosaic pins, I sad I want them all in my knife. Of cause, this piece only could apply 6 pins, but this also becomes a collection of Momo Mosaic pins.

Back