Hoping

Keep moving, even if just a little at a time, soon you will be farther along than you realize. What is the saying? A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first few steps. We hope you feel better everyday and since it may be slow, but still forward, pay attention to the small blessings you can see around you.

I just met someone at Cabelas in MA about an hour ago that had one of your knives! It looked like the perfect size for me. He told me about bladeforums so i immediately hopped on!
Cool and welcome to the forum!

John - good to hear you are going to get back on the grinder - you need some epoxy under your nails I am sure.
best
mqqn

Do you ever heat treat other people's blades?

I've wanted to try O1 but I haven't made anything from it yet?

Maybe make some fire steels, spoons, fork, or fire pokers? a friend of mine has a camp fire poker that has a long tube where he can also blow air in to the fire. Camp equipment may sound like a cool thing to get into.

I will probably not be taking orders this year. I want to use materials I already have on hand to make a few to sell to make some money so I can possibly make knives to order next year. Prices on everything have gone up and I don’t want to invest on special items for orders. I currently have quite a bit of 1/8” O1 on hand, I’m going to use it first. I hope I explained that correctly.
Can I get an order in brother?

I will probably not be taking orders this year. I want to use materials I already have on hand to make a few to sell to make some money so I can possibly make knives to order next year. Prices on everything have gone up and I don’t want to invest on special items for orders. I currently have quite a bit of 1/8” O1 on hand, I’m going to use it first. I hope I explained that correctly.
How you feeling brother?

Back