1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Horesman

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by cut it out, Oct 9, 2018.

1. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Ok. Been a long time Emerson fan. But only have a commander mini and a Cqc-7a and lagriffe but got a horesman a few weeks ago. I really am enjoying this as a edc. The blade shape is great and the ergos are usual Emerson perfection. If anyone is on the fence for this don’t wait. Get it!! It’s that good.

2. Wunderbar

Wunderbar

May 2, 2003
    The Horseman was my first EKI with the newer satin/stonewash finish. In fact mine says "Mini CQC-8" instead of Horseman on the blade.
    Great blade shape. I no longer have mine because I gave it to a fellow that was in need of a good knife. But I assure you, it's getting used all over the
    world as we speak. Can't wait to see the future evolution of this model. Maybe a Mini or Micro in the works. E. Emerson chimed in about a smaller knife trend
    so hopefully.........well we'll see.:thumbsup:

Lapedog and Officer's Match like this.
  3. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    The Mini8/Horseman is a fantastic knife and one of the easiest carrying Emerson's made.

Lapedog likes this.
  4. Jocephus1

Jocephus1

May 30, 2007
    I love my horsemen. (plural). They're all in my EDC rotation and when one of my friends asks me "what should my first Emerson be" I usually bring out a horseman and a CQC-7 to let them compare.

The funny thing is...most of the time they end up getting both eventually.

5. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yeah. It’s a awesome knife. EDC tasks are a breeze for it and it would be a good personal defense knife or in combat. Great knife. My cqc-7a was my long time edc but this has become #1 :)

6. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I'm sending my Horseman back as I can't get use to the grip shape. I really tried to like it. Just ordered a Sheepdog as a replacement.

7. jceckrosh

jceckrosh Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Everyone loves the 8/Horseman but it's one of the few I've never actually held.

8. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Only one I currently own is a Nath-modded framelock in the "HD" style - titanium framelock with unlined G10 show side. Slim, light and easy to carry.

dc50 likes this.