Horesman

cut it out

Gold Member
Ok. Been a long time Emerson fan. But only have a commander mini and a Cqc-7a and lagriffe but got a horesman a few weeks ago. I really am enjoying this as a edc. The blade shape is great and the ergos are usual Emerson perfection. If anyone is on the fence for this don’t wait. Get it!! It’s that good.

The Horseman was my first EKI with the newer satin/stonewash finish. In fact mine says "Mini CQC-8" instead of Horseman on the blade.
Great blade shape. I no longer have mine because I gave it to a fellow that was in need of a good knife. But I assure you, it's getting used all over the
world as we speak. Can't wait to see the future evolution of this model. Maybe a Mini or Micro in the works. E. Emerson chimed in about a smaller knife trend
so hopefully.........well we'll see.:thumbsup:

I love my horsemen. (plural). They're all in my EDC rotation and when one of my friends asks me "what should my first Emerson be" I usually bring out a horseman and a CQC-7 to let them compare.

The funny thing is...most of the time they end up getting both eventually.

Yeah. It’s a awesome knife. EDC tasks are a breeze for it and it would be a good personal defense knife or in combat. Great knife. My cqc-7a was my long time edc but this has become #1 :)

I'm sending my Horseman back as I can't get use to the grip shape. I really tried to like it. Just ordered a Sheepdog as a replacement.

Everyone loves the 8/Horseman but it's one of the few I've never actually held.
Only one I currently own is a Nath-modded framelock in the "HD" style - titanium framelock with unlined G10 show side. Slim, light and easy to carry.

Back