Hosted Knifemaker Forum: Magnus Knives

Magnus Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi,

I have just paid for the 3-year Knifemaker Membership.

Paypal transaction ID is: 5G177733GS553243S

Forum Description:

CNC-machined flipper knives make in-house in my workshop in New Zealand.

If I've missed anything out, then please let me know, Thank you!

Welcome. I’ll alert the owner so he can look into this.

Spark Spark

Welcome! You'll find that you already have a few fans here.

magnus5s-jpg.1575179

Do you have a website URL you want linked in your subforum description?

Oh neaters

Imma need one of them left handed box openers soonest

Welcome aboard. Since my best buddy for many years was named Magnus, I'll definitely be having a look at your wares.

Oh neaters

I must shamefully admit we don't have any left-handers available right now Kevin - but hopefully soon when we do another run.

Welcome aboard. Since my best buddy for many years was named Magnus, I'll definitely be having a look at your wares.
That's almost too much of a coincidence ...the stars and planets have obviously aligned. 😄

I must shamefully admit we don't have any left-handers available right now Kevin - but hopefully soon when we do another run.
Boo, this is clearly bigotry against the Left Hand Master Race

Oh neaters

I've tried a bunch of similar, small titanium box cutters (mostly Chinese ones, but also a BigIDesign), and Magnus' is beyond superior, so much so that the others are simply badly designed crap that either have too many parts, don't lock securely, or dull the blades (or all of the above). Granted, I haven't tried them all. And I've read great things about Chaves' CHUB, but his is more of a pocket knife replacement rather than something you can slip in your coin pocket or on your keychain.

Kevin, if you want, I can loan you a regular right-hand one to try out. You might even find that you like the right-handed one more because of the way your thumb would naturally sit on the slider (whereas on the opposite hand your thumb naturally rests on the flat).

I've tried a bunch of similar, small titanium box cutters (mostly Chinese ones, but also a BigIDesign), and Magnus' is beyond superior, so much so that the others are simply badly designed crap that either have too many parts, don't lock securely, or dull the blades (or all of the above). Granted, I haven't tried them all. And I've read great things about Chaves' CHUB, but his is more of a pocket knife replacement rather than something you can slip in your coin pocket or on your keychain.

Kevin, if you want, I can loan you a regular right-hand one to try out. You might even find that you like the right-handed one more because of the way your thumb would naturally sit on the slider (whereas on the opposite hand your thumb naturally rests on the flat).
Thank you for the feedback on the SlideClick - great to hear it's working well! I hear something along these lines of what you said quite a lot about this utility knife ...which is pretty cool because secure-locking, one-hand action, minimal parts and simple blade-replacement were things I was aiming for when I designed it. :cool:

I appreciate it but I'll wait until more are made, thanks!

Also M Magnus Knives have you considered adding an additional stop or two onto the box cutter so the full blade doesn't have to be extended?

Back