Hostile Soup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe no one else noticed!

It doesn't have any BACON in it!!! ~;-)

Saving the bacon-like substances for a completely different post in Part-II of the urban series...don't worry, it's coming :)

If by the green sauce you are talking about their Green Jalepeno Pepper Sauce it is still available. They sell it at the grocery stores around me and on their site. http://countrystore.tabasco.com/products.asp?dept=16 You can even get the mini bottles in the green.

I generally prefer much hotter sauces, but that one's flavor is very good. Some things, eggs in particular, are better with it than some of the other sauces available.

If by the green sauce you are talking about their Green Jalepeno Pepper Sauce it is still available. They sell it at the grocery stores around me and on their site. http://countrystore.tabasco.com/products.asp?dept=16 You can even get the mini bottles in the green.

I generally prefer much hotter sauces, but that one's flavor is very good. Some things, eggs in particular, are better with it than some of the other sauces available.

Thanks, I did a search on their website and found out that one of the local grocers is supposed to carry it. They're a little further away and more expensive but I won't mind stopping by just for the green sauce, it's one of my favorites. It's not all that hot but has a great flavor!

I am thrilled I could help. Consider it a bit of a payment for your wonderful posts. Notice also you can purchase gallon sized jugs. That way you can take to drinking it straight most cost effectively. :D

I am thrilled I could help. Consider it a bit of a payment for your wonderful posts. Notice also you can purchase gallon sized jugs. That way you can take to drinking it straight most cost effectively. :D

Thanks...not sure I need it a gallon at a time, but a quart would be nice!

Man that sure does make a bloke hungry!
Awesome pics mistwalker, really like your threads - though they aren't helping my increasing need for more RAT's!! :eek:

Man that sure does make a bloke hungry!
Awesome pics mistwalker, really like your threads - though they aren't helping my increasing need for more RAT's!! :eek:

Thanks!

Yeah I know the feeling....I'm still itching for one more...not sure if it will be a 5 or a 6 but since I can't afford it right now I have plenty of time to decide :)

Don't know how I missed this! Good looking meal. A bit of crusty bread. ...good eats. I use my hest to prep food too. It cuts like a dream.

Don't know how I missed this! Good looking meal. A bit of crusty bread. ...good eats. I use my hest to prep food too. It cuts like a dream.

Thanks Rocky, how did you know about the crusty bread :eek: ?!

Yeah, the HEST really does handle well, I can see me prepping food with it in the field lots of times in the future.

Thanks, I can't believe I got caught up dealing with my four-year-old (actually I can but anyway...) and forgot to snap pics of the minced garlic before I threw it in the pot. The knife handled that a lot better than some might have thought.

I have a pot of the recipe you gave me on the stove. I've tasted it a few times, and WOW! That's good. I added thyme cuz I didn't have any rosemary, but still, mmmmmm! Now, I just wish I had a nice baguette to eat with this. Great recpie!

I got motivated by mistwalker's Hostile soup so I decided to make my own version. Here goes. First I cut up some celery, mushrooms, then skinned and cut a few carrots. Next the meat eater in me thought it would be good to throw in the left over rotisserie chicken from last night. The HEST made short work of this all. I was surprised how well the blade boned the chicken. The short thick blade has a ton of power, the chicken didn't have a chance. All of this was added into a pot of boiling water along with chicken bullion with white rice. A couple of minutes before the soup came off the burner, I added a handful of baby spinach leafs. The result, the best chicken and rice soup I ever had (even if I do say so myself).

812103050_stuLx-L.jpg

812103098_bZV9V-L.jpg

812103211_LGkYc-L.jpg

812103388_fpdKb-L.jpg

812103597_4G3Ja-L.jpg

812103812_jcMv4-L.jpg

812104534_DPZux-L.jpg

812104741_jVuP4-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back