How about a few ZT pics?

Originally posted by clin4580
Eric, do you have pics of the knives you mentioned with the red&tan handles?

Here's one of my MS's, this is the DWMS. I don't have a pic of my other Tan MS

And here's the Badger.

Note, the handles will look more red if they have been oiled or handled a lot and more tan if you clean them off.

Hahahahahahhahahahahaha........

I would post my ZT's but I'm only a basic collector, I mean member:D ;)

1 of the NO's
THE SJ Prototype along with 4 other ZTSJ's
2 sets

very nice collection eric:cool:

one of the best i have seen in a looong time:D :D :cool:

Here is a comparison shot of the two different grind lines on the ZT NO
download.php

What does it mean when you can't stop looking at these pics? I have my first Busse (NO w/snakeskin handle) on order. I just love the style of his knives. Haven't had a chance to check out my first Busse and am already thinking about what others to buy. The only thing stopping me from ordering another already is, I have never handled one in person. I'm afraid that, they will perform as good as everyone claims.:eek:

Hi,

Yesterday I finally got my Zero Tolerance 3 knife set after a 8 month journey from the US via the UK, Norway, Germany and finally The Netherlands.

Mind you the 3 knives never left the original box that Busse send them in on February 2002 to a colleague in San Diego.

I had high expectations but upon opening the box for the first time and taking out the knives from their black JKydex sheaths my heart missed a beat or two.
The knives had a whole bunch of marks from the Kydex sheaths on the satin 'polished' blades that make them for me awfull to look at, I have a bunch of Kydex sheaths from Normark and NONE of the knives I have in them even shows these kind of marks and that after more then a year of carrying/using them.
I even have a Basic 9 with satin/mirror polished blade in its original Kydex sheath and no scratching whatsoever and that baby gets used quiet a lot.

The Kydex sheath and knives were covered by small black particles especially on the inside and my guess these sheaths were absolute not cleaned before sticking in the knives. :(
I cleaned them in hot running water with soap and the help of a .22 caliber sized nylon barrel brush and a load of particles came out.

Although the edges of the knives are polished, the BM ZT has ONE whole side of the edge polished only at the thicker side (from the edge up) but the final edge as a complete 1/64" rough grind line running along the edge that is not highly polished at all is, this just looks stupid, you see one side with the polishing of the edge grind stopping 1/64" short of the edge.

The nicest of the 4 knives was the neck knife (assault Shaker), crinkle finish was perfect, blade edge was perfect and polished right to the edges last molecule.

I'll try to make some shots of this scratch-o-rama caused by the shabby kydex sheaths, but in the mean time anybody wanting a 3 piece ZT set NIS (New In Sheath ) including the seemingly normal scratching :( drop me an email, this is not what I expected after paying $800+ for them.

regards,

Bagheera

Bagheera,

What a great sales pitch! ;)

It is important to note that the ZT series cost much LESS than the regular combat line. MUCH LESS!!! You would have paid well over $1,000.00 for the regular line with optional kydex sheaths.

The ZT knives were designed to be used and used hard. A few scratches from the kydex sheaths are certainly not going to affect the performance of these knives. The finish of these knives was never intended to be compared to a collector grade or custom blade. They are users. Use them and you will be very happy. They were not designed or finished to be hung on the wall. If they had been designed or finished for that purpose they would have cost much, much more than the regular line, not much less.

Abuse 'em or lose 'em! Many Busse Combat blades have been known to run away, and go in search of more abusive homes! ;)

Have fun and give them a good beating!

Jerry

Originally posted by clin4580
Eric, do you have pics of the knives you mentioned with the red&tan handles?

Here is a picture of my SH, which seems to have the similar handle:D

Click for full size

Piet,

Don't feel too bad. It took over 9 months for mine to show and they also had the same marks even without the long, round about shipping route your's took. They may not look good but they do work just fine. The Grind marks may take some work to clean up, but the Sheath marks clean up very easy with a little elbow grease and some fine abrasive/polishing compound.

Lorne

Hi Mike,

The neck knife is the standard Assault Shaker you can ee it on the Busse site.

Lorne, thanks for the tip, I never doubted a moment that the ZT knives won't perform when put to work, but even if they are meant to be work horses, when I go and buy a brand new 4 wheel drive truck I expect it to be delivered in perfect condition even though it may look like hell after having used it for a month driving through rough terrain pulling tree stumps or so.

Best scouting wishes,

Bagheera

Back