1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How about a Fiddleback group buy????

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bmurray, Jan 14, 2018.

1. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I was only in for Osage! Bob, you are a savage -- Ironwood???.....dashing my dreams....

Ok. I guess Ironwood is an acceptable distant second alternative.

BTW, loving my new AEB-L Fiddleback!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wife asked me to take down the Christmas lights-- she didn't say anything about putting them away... Well, actually she may have mentioned something; but, I wasn't listening....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    varga49, Oyster, pertinux and 6 others like this.
  2. 1jay

1jay

Feb 18, 2016
    I think we would have better luck just asking for one 3/32 hiking buddy every Friday for the next couple months

varga49, Odaon and Panthera tigris like this.
  3. Turth

Turth Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    One of the best ideas I've heard in a while!

4. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I have doubts of this actually happening. They seem busy enough over there at the Forge!

That said, I would absolutely be in for an Osage HB in 3/32 AEB-L.

@swonut that Keppy is fricken awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing more AEB-L from the forge. If I remember correctly it's just under 1/8 stock correct?

Oyster likes this.
  5. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    That said, I would absolutely be in for an Osage HB in 3/32 AEB-L.

Here Here!!!!

Bill

Oyster likes this.
  6. jackal_727

jackal_727 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Osage for the win:thumbsup:

7. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Ok, I switched back to Osage

Oyster and Panthera tigris like this.
  8. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I think this is a good idea, but I have some stipulations. I will talk to Bob today about those. I need to talk to ole Big Deal anyway.

One of the stipulations that is not up to Bob will be that there not be too many options. I'm OK with doing the 4 woods (Ironwood, Osage, Bloodwood, and Blackwood), but we will need for each wood to be matched with a specific set of liners. Allowing customization of the liners will trip us up here. An example would be Osage over natural with blue pinstripe. Ironwood over black with white spacers. Bloodwood over natural with white spacers. Blackwood over natural with white spacers. No exceptions. If y'all are willing to keep it to this, then we can likely make this a success.

TXGatorbait, Oyster, Tutone and 12 others like this.
  9. Dritios

Dritios

Apr 4, 2017
    Would you guys do a tapered tang or SFT? I’m in either way but TT has always been my favorite. I know it is just speculation at this point.

10. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    A 3/32 Hiking Buddy with Osage over natural with blue pinstripe. Sign me up! I'll definitely be keeping a look out for this.

Thanks @Fiddleback for considering this:thumbsup::thumbsup: I've been wanting a Hiking Buddy for a while! Just haven't found the right combination or have been too slow! This may be my chance.

11. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Osage over natural with blue works for me....just saying...

12. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Sound like a good plan for all. I'd be in for one or two.

13. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    On 3/32" thick steel there won't be any tapering.

Oyster and jackal_727 like this.
  14. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Can we still get the saw teeth on the spine?

15. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    I’ll definitely be in for one!

16. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Im in for two. One ironwood, one osage!:D

Dritios likes this.
  17. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I’m in!

18. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    In for Osage! @Fiddleback you surprised me with this response. You are the man, but you already know that ;)

This might mean I have to gift one of my HBs to either my brother or save it for one of my girls! But fear not, this beauty will be passed on after I pass on

49AFAF57-0E09-48F7-B9A2-39F1DF559218.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Oyster and Odaon like this.
  19. VideoTim

VideoTim Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Osage blue liners, def in!

20. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Dang I'm surprised as well Andy! I'm definitely in for one of the options, likely Osage, but one of the others may catch my eye. Definitely in for at least one though.

It would be cool to see one synthetic offering as well for those that prefer that. Might open the group buy up to a few more folks.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    mwramos76 likes this.