How about a JK Explorer model ?

As you all know I have been more than impressed with my TTSK that John made and so while camping last week I began thinking how the design could be morphed into a full blown camp knife/survival knife.Something that wasn't too big to have on your waist during an expedition but still having enough heft to chop and batton etc. I didn't want to go overboard with a 1/4" monster as it would need to slice and dice around camp so I went with 3/16" stock !

Anyway this is the TTSK ( Like ya didn't know )....

P6070001.jpg

And here it is morphed into a grown up knife........

design-1.jpg

What do ya think ?:confused:

With the weight of the blade, and the handle to blade angle, it should make a pretty good chopper!

That is slick! It went from looking like a kukri to a nessmuk! haha

It looks like the last version will be a better chopper, more weight out front :thumbup:

It looks like the last version will be a better chopper, more weight out front :thumbup:

I think so John, in fact I think that design with a 3/16" blade@ 6 1/4" long would out chop your average 7-8" blade, especialy when chocked right back on the handle using a lanyard.
It should still make a great cutter as well though !!!!

I like the second version. When I saw your first one, I was thinking about how it would look with a shorter clip on it.

Back