1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

How About a P'Kal Sprint

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by ShepardCC, Jul 18, 2014.

1. ShepardCC

ShepardCC

Dec 4, 2012
    Playing with my new sprints had me think about how nice it would be to have some sprint runs made of my favorite knife!

How about:

Steel ideas in order or what id like to see the most

1. CTS-204P
    2. CPM 3V
    3. CPM S110V
    4. CPM S90V

Handle ideas in order I'd like to see:

1. Real full Carbon Fiber
    2.Textured Titanium
    3. Green
    4. Grey in diamond ppatten like the new manix.

One more idea. P'Kal lightweight ;)

2. Liquid Cobra

Liquid Cobra

Feb 17, 2013
    I don't think the P'kal is popular enough to warrant a sprint.

3. ShepardCC

ShepardCC

Dec 4, 2012
    I think it would be if more people knew about it and put their hands on it.

I was really uninterested in it for the longest time and I just decided to buy it to see and feel it in person. After that I was in love with it.

4. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    It's a neat knife. :)
    3V for increased strength on a thin profile knife used for ripping type motions might be a cool idea.
    I need to get another one anyway.

5. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    CTS-XHP
    Maybe something in orange....;)

6. XiaolongJackson

XiaolongJackson

Jun 5, 2012
    Would like a pink FRN or G10. I think the stock S30V steel is fine though.

7. Coalman

Coalman

May 22, 2009
    If the price point is under $250.00 but the knife is different enough from the original, put me down for one.

8. Liquid Cobra

Liquid Cobra

Feb 17, 2013
    The knife is designed for fighting. Really for use by people who train to use it. How many people train with a P'kal? The popularity comes before the sprint, not afterwards.

9. ShepardCC

ShepardCC

Dec 4, 2012
    I know it's a fighting knife. And it's exceptional at its purpose. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't get a sprint. The yojimbo got a sprint and it's a fighting knife ;)

I would love to see one in 3v

10. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Basic Member

Aug 22, 2002
    The yojimbo is not a sprint it's a dealer exclusive. The dealer has a history with doing those two materials together.

Edited for a little clarification. As far as dealer exclusives go I imagine Spyderco would do just about anything you would want because you're fronting the bill. Sprint runs come directly from Spyderco.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  11. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008
    I think the blade shape of the Yo2 lends itself to edc/utility tasks far better than the p'kal. I am a big fan of the p'kal and pikal blades, but I think a supersteel would be wasted on the p'kal, as edge retention, as it pertains to steels like CPMS110V, shouldn't be of prime importance in a dedicated SD blade like the p'kal.

12. Liquid Cobra

Liquid Cobra

Feb 17, 2013
    This is precisely what I was driving at. Thank you KNaB.

13. ShepardCC

ShepardCC

Dec 4, 2012
    well thank you buzz KillingtonS

14. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008
    :( sorry.

15. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    I'll try it in a new steel! I'm also waiting for the fixed blade versions. One from Sal and one is being designed by Southnarc amd Janich.

16. ShepardCC

ShepardCC

Dec 4, 2012
    I'm actually making myself a 3v fixed blade P'Kal, my own design ;)

17. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Pics when you're done!

18. Sirgingalot

Sirgingalot

Jun 25, 2014
    There is already a fixed blade version. The Clinch Pick by Shiveworks.

19. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008
    the clinch picks are not readily available. Just small runs here or there. The disciple, however, hasn't had any runs that I know of after the original Trace Rinaldi blades. Word was that BanTang was given a license to produce them , but after trying numerous times to contact him, I've heard nothing and I don't know who is making the current clinch picks for shivworks. I picked one up recently from T.A.D. to accompany my disciple.

ShepardCC, I would also like some pics of the finished product, after which, I will throw money at you :)