How about a wallet thread?

I've decided to switch back to a small bifold wallet. I need the option for cash. Ended up ordering a nice piece from Minnesota Leather Works.

Last edited:
I HIGHLY recommend checking out J Michael leather or Ashland Leather out for wallets. Customer service is top notch for both of them. The build quality is fantastic and materials. I have owned Saddleback (and did like their card wallet), and they aren't even close to what you can get with J michael or Ashland. They both offer chromexcel or shell cordovan, depending on your budget.
No experience with J Michael, but I can recommend Ashland. Superb materials and craftsmanship. I have one of their wallets and a belt, I just purchased another wallet for a graduation gift.

Zf_o_sNuyBK2dsWiYEUukhVK2qxbgp4pbAo5biSDagM5u9zmLZovxcjs6xHVB4_tudHhc3cGq4tjnf6C38ydmRP_U9-XjZ4px0tdn8koNRzzfR1njAOYLrtbnRDEnhA6atS3TRuAebg=w2400

Guess I am in the extreme minority. Got T.H.E. WALLET J.R.
I like to have all my cards (probabely around 15+) with me. I live in south Florida so wear mostly cargo shorts which makes it easier to carry. See-through pouch on outside for I.D. is nice. Even has a coin pouch. And, believe it or not, made in the USA with lifetime warranty.
And no, I am not a wannabe GI Joe. Just like the wallet features.
uWwTZlJ.jpg

WumDpm5.jpg

HlocFaO.jpg

Been carrying a Saddleback medium bifold for about 5 years now... Love it but it does break my cards... Looking for a replacement, anyone have recommendations of similar build quality and style but that doesn't bust your cards...?

Guess I am in the extreme minority. Got T.H.E. WALLET J.R.
I like to have all my cards (probabely around 15+) with me. I live in south Florida so wear mostly cargo shorts which makes it easier to carry. See-through pouch on outside for I.D. is nice. Even has a coin pouch. And, believe it or not, made in the USA with lifetime warranty.
And no, I am not a wannabe GI Joe. Just like the wallet features.
uWwTZlJ.jpg

WumDpm5.jpg

HlocFaO.jpg

That’s what I carry as well. I switch between the T.H.E. Jr and the Spec Ops shoulder pocket wallet.

Best wallets I’ve ever used!

Been carrying a Saddleback medium bifold for about 5 years now... Love it but it does break my cards... Looking for a replacement, anyone have recommendations of similar build quality and style but that doesn't bust your cards...?

For a bifold I would go with one of the following:

Bentley Sheaths and Leather
Leatherworks Minnesota
Stock and Barrel Company

My home girl made me this one.
38861137641_b0c074d350_b.jpg

23996519197_d35fc8e654_b.jpg

23996486567_53130c1373_b.jpg

annnd since this is a knife forum, here is the DMT sharpening card and Ti wallet knife that I keep in the wallet.
23996466337_90210f5e94_b.jpg

This wallet has me very interested. It is a minimalist style folding card wallet with a cash slot.

P-tK61t-UdSPSeicFYYLv4NZE2CWoyij4pWedGIocZCt8_UFhqBeV6yr65IjPql-SbXELBG5fLErXlgo5BFrxFwPnS7S0rLiWLCINDzuNnHDbk5TLP1uUdinGMjzeGT4KWkqudWlxuw=w2400

For those of us on the job that have a shield wallet, are there any other options besides PerfectFit? I like the minimalist look like Ridge and Trayvax but don't want to carry two. I'm using a badge bifold right now. Just wondering what others are using/carrying.

I know it's an old thread, but I've always worn a chain wallet even before they became popular. I used to go to the HD dealer to find a nice one, but their quality has gone down hill since I bought my first one 25 yrs ago. So I went on the Amazon and found Wild Things Only brand leather wallets. They are European style and I think a german company, but these wallets fit American bills, credit cards and your licenses perfectly. I've had mine for over 2 years and it still looks great.

Bringing this back up - I am looking for a quality leather wallet with two bill/cash compartments. Most I see have just one. Any recommendations? I don't mind commissioning one, as long as the price remains under $100. Thanks.

Have you contacted SBL? Their original design did break cards, and they offered a replacement... I'm sure they can fix your wallet under the warranty. :)

Back